site recomended, after 20 mins...I likey! NEW

Options
:happy:
I'm 31 years old, and a proud mother of 3 children. (3,4 and 7). I have been married for almost 10 years to my best friend. After my third child I decided to join the fitness craze and took it by storm. I went from a size 20 @ 235 lbs to a size 12 @ 169lbs. When I settled back in to normal life I leveled out at a size 14 and 180lbs. I was comfortable, confident and feeling on top of the world (not to mention SEXY again). I felt for me that 169 lbs felt to thin for me. My photo is of me at 187 lbs.
About 6 months into the weight loss, I started having pain in my lower left abdomen. During work outs and other physical actives, sometimes just walking was unbearable. I had to stop working out with the intensity that had come to love. The pain however did not stop. During the past 2 years I have been searching out the reasoning for my pain (under DR. guidance). I was able to maintain for a full year on food alone but that time has passed and I have started gaining again.
Added stresses of the resent economy falling have added to my new found Lbs. I am back to a generous size 16 or a loose 18 and at 203 lbs of non lean material. I will not allow myself to fall back into that other life. My mission is to find a way to work out that does not cause pain and to tone and loose 20 lbs by august. I've done it before...and I WILL do it again. I
If you have any ideas on a low impact routine, Please feel free to share...I need all the help I can get!!! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 29 with 3 children also 7, 4 and 2 :) Just wanted to welcome you!
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Three children?? I take my hats off to you!! I have only one child and he drives me crazy enough ha ha I could not imagine having three. But you are definitely on the right path to weight loss. I recommend this site to all of my friends because it is very easy to do, however it does require a lot of self-discipline. Best of luck to you!
  • hwhittle
    hwhittle Posts: 8
    Options
    hello :) im sorry to hear of your pain and discomfort and would like to welcome you to the site :) My suggestion for you is walk walk walk...if you are able to without pain, it is a low impact excercise that works very well. Also, i have found stationary bikes work well, the ones you sit into feel better to me than the regular style bikes but that would be for you to find out for yourself. Light weights with higher reps can help tone muscle without causing unwanted stress on your body, and i have found a class at our local gym, that combines yoga and tai chi (not sure on the spelling) for a wicked workout with very little stress on my body. by the end i am sweating like mad but have very little pain. It is very important for me to be gentle with my body as i have an autoimmune disease that effects my connective tissue. If i over work i am laid up for days. I hope these suggestions help and i wish you luck on your journey. The biggest thing i try to remember is stress causes such upset in your body it can actually make it more difficult to lose weight. I know its easier said than done but try to relax ..find some time every day where you can focus on yourself and do something that lets you clear your mind and breath.
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have three children also a 4 year old and two 2 year olds. Did your doctor check you for an abdominal seperation? You could have a hernia that needs fixed.
  • Bon180
    Bon180 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks for the reply's. I was a member of Calorieking.com for my last adventure. This sight seems easier and it's FREE...Everyone likes FREE!
    Yep three and done! :)~, I could not imagine two 2 year old's .... yikes! I'm motivated every day...every day is going to be THE day...I usually start off GREAT and then the pain sets in and I, SIT...waiting for it to stop. I have been checked for hernias and fibroids, endo, pelvic congestion, cysts...geez you name it. All scans have been done and blood tests. I'm a mystery diagnosis in the making. I was lucky to have 29 good years. It must be hell to have had a whole life of pain to deal with.
    I love your LBS counters and am trying to find out how to make one. Keep on burning it peeps!
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have been doing this for 2 wks now and I really like it. I am sorry about your back pain, I also suffer from back pain and have become very sedentary. I would wake up between 3 - 5 am in pain and would get up because the pain was just to much. Some days were worse then others. I went to the Dr. they said I had degenerative discs and something else. But their solution is to pop pain meds. I am not sure what size I am because I refused to buy bigger clothes. I started this at 181 and I knew I had to do something but how with so much pain. There were days I could hardly stand and cook dinner, it was just to much and I dont want to always be taking pain medication my whole life. I really believe loosing weight and exercise is going to be the solution. I have to say that I am feeling better already. I took some pain meds and while I wasnt in as much pain I stretched. I have allot of joy and am excited about doing this, I have been more motivated around my home and all the movement is helping. I was afraid to move before, but I think actually moving around more is helping.
  • Live_Aloha
    Live_Aloha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started here, too...over the past weekend actually. Our weight/size is similar; at my heaviest I was at 238 and a size 20; last year I lost 55 pounds and was a size 12 at 175 pounds (I felt really good at this weight/size despite it still being outside my healthy BMI/weight for my age/height/gender), but gained over 20 pounds since January due to pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage this past March...so now, I'm at 197.5 and teetering between size 14 & 16, but most comfy in 16s. My goal is to get into single digit sizes, but if my body wants to settle into size 10-12, I'd be okay with that, too :)

Good luck & hope we can support each other in pursuit of our goals!
    Kalena
  • Bon180
    Options
    Pain is something that can stop just about any thoughts of motivation you have. I am a go getter and this situation has turned me into a doubter...I hate that! My motivation has gotten better and with the weather change I've been just pushing through it. I have to remember how happy I was when I was more fit and that's what keeps me going.
    Congrats to all for your Lbs that have been lost already...its really a thing to celebrate.
    I have posted my goals on my fridge. When I reach them...I cross them off and reward myself with a new outfit. I love to be thinner because the clearance racks are REAL cheap the smaller you are...lol
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I know we can do this......JUST DO IT!
    I know I will not make it into a single digit size...I'm not built that way. When I was a size 12, even at a 14...no one could believe I was that size. I'm looking for 14 and maintaining that forever!
    As far as working with back pain I highly suggest using a chiropractor to help you. They will explain how to build your core and that will help support your back!
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Are you able to do swimming or water aerobics? That is very low impact and your body is supported by the water. I LOVE swimming :love:
  • Bon180
    Options
    I would love to do swimming. I think part of the current weight return situation is that last year we also moved. We are about 30 minutes from ANYTHING (40 from the closest lap pool)! I was an avid gym user and was always on the go. Now because we are so far away from anything its hard to justify the time and the gas spent on getting there. I have invested in a treadmill and have a Gazelle for home workouts(ebay specials and have bowflex on the way from a good friend). We are thinking about investing in a pool 18' x 48" easy set pool. I could do some weighted leg lifts in it. Creativity is the key when you live in BOFOO. Thanks for the Ideas.