Running Advice

Options
Hi,

I've just starting losing weight and this is primarily down to calorie counting and lots of walking which i've been doing since i started 2 weeks a go. I'm walking for just over a mile at least every day (on my lunch break) and sometimes in the morning before work as well depending on my shift.

I've never done running before as an exercise per say so I was wondering if there are any tips. I just feel like i want to run, perhaps it's the motivation spurring me on?

Replies

• Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Look up "Couch to 5K" ..I think some people call it C25k... its a progressive program getting you up and on your way to running a 5k. :)
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am a walker , although for the last three nights I have gone for a walk and run with my eleven year old daughter . We just walk for a few mins , then run for a few :) We use a large square route then run one side walk the next and so on ...we do it 3 or 4 times :)

Its been fun and we will continue to do it ( when her social activities don't get in the way lol)

I have downloaded a c25k app to my phone , but my daughter suggested her approach instead .

Good luck
  • MrSiJo
    MrSiJo Posts: 25
    Options
    thanks i'll look at that stuff!!

thanks very much! :)
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    C25K all the way :) I was you just over a year ago, and now I regularly run 3 miles at a shot. Granted, I'm not fast, but I'm still doing it! Good luck!
  • MrSiJo
    MrSiJo Posts: 25
    Options
    I've seen the C25k Android app but i've been using Endomondo to track my walking so does anyone know if there's a way i can use Endomondo for C25k training?