30 Day Shred! I know it gets old...

Options
today I am starting the Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, pretty excited never done it before.
My new goal is lose 5lbs in 22 days!!!
I would prefer inches off my stomach..but has

Anyone else done the 30DS? How much weight you lose?

anything helps guys, I have hit a platu & I haven't seen the scale move a week.

Replies

• BearHugger78
    Options
    I just started ... literally completed day three of level one minutes ago.

What I like is that it's a different kind of exercise than I had been doing, so I can "feel it" in ways different than adding more weight to strength training exercises or walking a little faster and/or longer.

It kicked my butt today much worse than the first two days, but part of that was a result of already going considerably harder today than I did on day one. Once you start getting the routine down, I suspect you mentally budget your effort/energy more efficiently, so it's not necessarily all the result of physical changes up front, but it will help facilitate those changes, so it's a win in the long term anyway.

Mind you, I've been sore as heck the last two days -- but once the workout starts it goes fast enough that I find I don't even have time to think about it. Then I feel great until I'm sitting around at work and realize when I stand up that I can't move even worse than before. :laugh:
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    First day today - I've done some before and noticed a huge difference! Can't wait to really get into this again. Eating more protein and less carbs this time round, to try and lose FAT and not muscle (from what Iearnt this helps, although please don't quote me on this as I may not be right!)

Anyway SW 166.2 - feel free to add me so we can go at it together!! :flowerforyou:
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here getting ready to do day 8 of level one! Looking forward to see what level 2 is all about. I am really enjoying it. Before I started the 30DS i did the "biggest loser Cardio max 6 week program" I really enjoyed that also. Good luck with your shred!!:smile:
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ive done it a couple of times now. I don't lose weight just inches! Good luck with it!!
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am on my third day of Level 1 after 2 false starts. I am quite enjoying the workout:happy: especially as my body is not in as much pain when I first tried the 30 Day shred a month ago. I am toying with the idea of incorporating Jillian's Yoga Meltdown 2 or 3 times a week. I hope to lose about 6 pounds in a month as well as lose inches on my lower half. I am a size 6 top and 10 down (arrgghhh!):mad:
  • ReniaL
    ReniaL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I plan to start it tonight. Strange but I cannot actually wait :). I had a dummy run last Sunday and got I hurt everywhere but from tonight I am going to stick to the workouts and actually do something this time! I need any support I can get so please friend me if you want :)
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 3....I've had this DVD for a long time but have yet to get passed level 1. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs so I'm hoping I either lose a couple lbs or more importantly inches within the next month.
  • NHoughton13
    Options
    I found Level 2 to be harder than 3, I skipped ahead to 3 after 7 days. There are a lot of "plank" moves and I just don't have the upper body strength for that yet. But I really enjoyed the DVD as a whole.
  • bookgirl_72
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 as of today. I'm really enjoying it. Level 2 is definitely more challenging than 1, I'm drenched in sweat by the end. I think with 30DS it's pretty common to loose inches more than weight. I'm not sure if this is because you end up building muscle as you loose fat? I'd like to think that's what it is as I haven't dropped a single pound yet, but my stomach is looking better and more toned.

Jillian can get a bit annoying as she talks and talks and talks, but she get the job done. Good luck!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have read more about people losing inches rather than pounds doing the 30D shred
  • allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did level 1, then moved onto level 2 yesterday for my 11th day, I did the level but hated it. To me level 2 felt really, really awkward with all the positions, just plain uncomfortable and put too much stress on my wrists and other areas. So I went back to level 1 and I've decided I'll move on when I can get all the way through it without stopping. I also noticed that I get a better calorie burn from level 1 and I know it works so for now I'm happy with where I am.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    really want to start this.....i keep starting and giving up.......just moved as soon as i find the box with this dvd I really need to suck it up and give it a go
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 28 and on level 3 now (did 10 days of each) loving them all - I am toned, really toned but 2 weeks ago I hadn't lost, in fact I'd gained a pound! and also my waist and hip measurements hadn't changed, they'd gone up an inch, at day 21 I re-measured and the inch gained on both had gone ...so for me I'm not sure that I've got inch loss either but my tummy is much flatter and everyone is commenting on how toned I am :)
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    How long is the workout for each level?? I have had this for quite some time but honestly have never even looked at it. I'm doing JMBR right now (week 3). I plan to do 30DS next.
  • brittanycochran338
    Options
    I did 22 days and stopped cause the kids got sick but started back up level 2 after 4 days off, and ive lost 13 lbs from doing it!!! But then again i have alot to lose!!!
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day shred in september and it was the most rewarding month of my last year's weightloss attempt and i lost 2 of the total 9 Kgs i have lost till date. so it helps and being disciplined has its benefits
    details and results here :
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/paruls86/view/30-day-shred-results-431398
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    I did 30DS to prep me for Insanity, it was a great workout. I'm now doing the second round of Insanity and when I finished it I plan on getting back to 30DS for maintenance, I miss doing it on a daily basis and less time constraint and effective. I have lost 12lbs. doing it by the way so go for it and goodluck!
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have completed it once and lost inches...lots,16 overall, but only about 2 lbs. In case no one has said it yet, take before and after measurements. I took them after each level and was surprised at how quickly the inches came off! I am going to be doing another round of this soon!
  • sibalola
    sibalola Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your advice =]
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I started 30ds feb 1. I did 7 days level 1 and 10 days level 2 so far.
    Lost just 2lbs. Lost 5.5 inches off my waist and 1.5 inch off my hips