A year ago...

Options
irjeffb
irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
A year ago, I was 270 pounds and decided to start C25k, having never run before in my life.

Today, I'm about 75 pounds lighter, and I ran my first 5k under a 7:00 min/mile pace (6:54 to be exact), and I feel awesome!

Where do you want to be in a year?

Replies

• TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    In a year I would love to be down to 170! I want to go on a plane anywhere and sit in those tiny sits with ease, without having to squeeze in and suck in my gut. Without having that extra piece of belt in order for me to not have belt marks against my belly. For me to feel better about myself, and be the adventurous girl I know I am. To do more traveling in my life, and hiking and rock climbing. To be able to skydive and not be afraid that I'm over the weight limit. To be a new and better me ;)

That's amazing you did that in under 7 minutes! That's 3 miles right? That's incredible....I cant even run a mile under 10 minutes! Great job and keep it up!!
  • dems11
    dems11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your terrific transformation. Personally, I'd like to be healthier in a year. That means 27 more pounds lost and much more fitness gained. Thanks for your support during this journey! Support is a great thing...
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    In a year I want to have met my goal for weight loss and hopefully have less issues with social situations.

Also, thats amazing. Good job.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! Well done, great pace. What's next ??
  • rjobel
    rjobel Posts: 16
    Options
    In a year I want to be thinner and lighter than now. I want to feel better and look better of course. So far I'm on my way.

Congrats irjeffb for be a role model to many of us!
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In a year I'd love to look good in a bikini, run a 10km without hassle, fit into South African size 8 or 10 clothes :D
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to take pics with my kids. They are 14, 13, and 9, and don't have any pics of us together, because I always felt too fat to have my picture taken. I wasn't even fat until like 7 years ago. I don't know what I was thinking. That, and I want to be able to buy clothes off the rack again. I never had to try clothes on before. If I liked it, it would look good. Simple.
  • greyoutside
    Options
    I want to be working seriously on research and getting medical school application stuff together!

Weight and appearance will be the last thing on my mind then. I hope to reach my goal weight by summer though and be maintaining by then, so maybe I won't need to be worrying about it.
  • dlecorchick
    dlecorchick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You have been/ are a great example Jeff! Thanks man, you know how much you inspire me.

Myself in one year:

Hoovering the 200 pound mark and Super Strong... no I mean SUPER STRONG :).
    Feeling fit enough to coach my boys in sports.
    Finished my doctorate degree and teaching at a University.

Nice thread!!!!
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A year from now i want to smile when i see my reflection in a mirror and not be reduced to tears by the though of trying to get 'dressed up' to go out on special occasions :o(

Well done on your journey so far :o)
  • vhines5
    vhines5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    In a year I want to go rock climbing, white water rafting, horseback riding, hiking and lots of other things that I don't feel able to do at my current weight.

AND I want to get on a roller coaster without having the attendant push the bar closed... repeatedly. Last time I was so squished and it was horribly uncomfortable!!!

Mostly, I want to live life without saying "Do I have the energy for that? / Can I fit on that? / Is there a weight limit?"

And I can totally relate to a previous poster about flying... being squeezed into tiny seats.

Great Thread!!! Thanks!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Impressive!

In a year I want to be under 180lbs and set to run my first ever road race.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment I'm sure it was a big moment for you when you finally did your 6:54! As for me I'd like to buy a pair of short shorts (even if I never leave the house in them). My thighs have never allowed such a goal..
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    That is extremely impressive, Jeff. Always inspired by your discipline. :P

A year from now... wow, just thinking of it... a year from now I'm sure I'll have reached my ultimate goal. I just want to look and feel healthy, and be able to wear cute dresses without feeling like an ogre in them.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    In a year (and 5 days), I will be 40. I want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I'm 40. Not weight-wise, but toned and healthy! That is my goal for one year from now :)
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    wow!! awesome past year you've had...I would love to be able to rub a sub 7 mile....heck, sub 9 would be nice :)
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fantastic effort!
  • slynnalex
    slynnalex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You're all very inspiring! I have been at a plateau for a while and am looking at how to get things moving again. I've lost 25lbs since I started changing my lifestyle. Yes, I have a goal in mind, but haven't set a timeline. Right now I'm hoping to land a new job soon and am just soaking up the nsv's of fitting into smaller clothes these days. I love to replenish my wardrobe with items from thrift stores. A while ago I had to donate all my work pants that were WAY too big. :happy: I feel happier these days.
    My goals - now that you've all inspired me to really set some -
    1) get to my desired weight by my birthday which is less than 6 months away; I have about 10lbs to go.
    2) establish an exercise routine of some kind - I've not changed this, but have managed to lose weight w/ getting a handle on portion size and calorie intake.
    3) have more fun with my kids
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!