Knock knees

Options
Any other knock knee sufferers? I've had it as long as I remember but never really looked into it or knew of how dangerous it could be. in the last week or so my knees have been quite painful and felt more heavy and inward so I decided to look at my posture, knowing my knees go inwards a lot anyway and to my surprise my right knee has gone even more bent and my right foot faces outward and the inner ankle bone thing is protuding! Came across a site that goes against surgical methods to cure knock knees and says to work on fixing your posture until your body gets used to having the correct and healthy leg posture. Going to try it out for a while and see how it goes!

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    If it's got distinctly worse recently, please get it checked out by your doctor before doing anything that may make it worse. Then think about using a qualified physio rather than online advice, which in the long run could do you damage if you have an underlying problem.

If it's not a surgical problem, weak buttock muscles can cause knee alignment problems, and exercises like squatting while pushing out against and exercise band round your knees might help. But get professional advice first!
  • sabichu
    Options
    I've made a doctors appointment but have to wait till next month. I just tried out a couple of the postural changes and feel much better, going to do more squats too! I wont do anything drastic until I've seen the doctors though.