Fitbit 1 users.

Options
Do any of you use these? I would like some honest reviews please as to whether they made a difference to what you thought your activity level/necessary calorie intake was.

I've been on MFP for a few months now and while the weight is going it is going very very slowly so I'm constantly questioning myself about whether I'm eating the right number of calories and accurately guessing my activity level. I initially did the 1200 calorie eating, then worked out my BMR/TDEE using Katch McCardle etc, I gave it at least 6 weeks of eating at that level and I'm still not convinced I've got it right. So I've bought one of these this morning.

I've been looking at them for a while now and reading the blurb on amazon and the fitbit website but I want actual people that use them to tell me what they think please.

Thank you :)

Replies

• salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hazelevans1
    hazelevans1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • salsagal36
    Options
    bump again. Anyone?
  • fkbourne
    fkbourne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for over a year, even bought a second one after I accidently broke the first one. I love It. I makes me accountable for my level of activity and lack of activity. I dont go a day without wearing it and feel lost without it. Definately recommend.
  • salsagal36
    Options
    Thank you. Do you find that it works out your TDEE accurately enough so you know how much to eat and you do lose?
  • missymoo53
    missymoo53 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I bought one yesterday so just trying to get my head round it all. ????
  • jplosingit
    jplosingit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd fitbit. Love it! Love how it tracks my activity and motivates me to do more. Appreciate how it integrates with MFP and Endomondo. Recommended.
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've only had mine for a couple of weeks but I am really enjoy it. I find competing with myself and friends to be more active is very motivating. I'm not sure I've quite sussed what calories I should be eating whilst using it though.
  • danicaliforn1a
    danicaliforn1a Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit since Christmas. I don't leave home without having it in my pocket or putting it on my bra. It makes you very accountable. I try to hit about 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day (I have an office job). If I have had a low day then I feel motivated to take the dog for a nice long walk after work. I have also started taking the stairs to my 8th floor appartment. I think its a really good idea.
  • salsagal36
    Options
    It's the getting my head around the calories I'm trying to work out. I worked out my TDEE based on everything and then ate over my BMR for 6 weeks so far and I've not lost any, I've maintained. That's why I've bought it, in the hope I'll get a more accurate reading.
  • emgreb
    Options
    I have owned and faithfully worn my FitBit since may 2010. I swear by the little gadget as far as it motivating me daily. On lazy days it makes me feel guilty...LOL!
    I do a lot of running and walking and this is what FitBit tracks best.. However, if you want to get very specific, you have a choice to enter the data for other activities if you wish. Note: Once you start entering activity data you are estimating burn and might compromise some accuracy.
    To be honest, I never enter anytjhing. I clip the gadget on every morning until evening regardless of the type of activity I am doing. I find the calories burned data to be quite accurate in my case. JMO
  • MommaSand
    MommaSand Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've used the fitbit 1 for a few months now and love it. I bought it of course for the step counting, but I was also curious about my sleep habits. I've learned a lot about how poor my sleep is, and how a good workout in the early evening helps wear me out enough to sleep a little better. The only downfall I've found so far is the lack of a battery guage on the fitbit itself. Fitbit will send me a message when it syncs to the computer and the battery is low, but you can't look at the fitbit itself and see how battery is doing. But it's a small inconvenience.
  • ruthwt
    ruthwt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the fitbit world. I'm also kind of new to MFP. I signed up a long time ago, but just started to track stuff. I have a question for anyone....I connected my fitbit account to MFP so the information registers, but the calories burned that show up in MFP are not the same as what shows up in fitbit...does anyone else have that problem and does anyone know why? Thanks!!