Green Coffee and Rasberry Ketones

Options
Anyone know anything about these products? I have had trouble losing ANY weight, went to the doctors and nothing medically is wrong. Didn't know if these would help to boost a loss or not?! Any suggestions or opinons are welcome!

Thanks!

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    They are scams and won't do anything to help you lose weight.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Only help is lining Dr Quack's pockets.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I agree. I fell for the green coffee extract bs. It did not work for me and worse yet, I don't know of anyone that it has worked for. All I got was a mean case of acid reflux every time I took the capsules. I don't fall for that Dr. Oz crap anymore. I got 3/4 of the way through a bottle before I tossed it.
  • GoddessAmy
    GoddessAmy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I won't attest to the Raspberry working, but I do take the Green Coffee capsules once or twice a day before breakfast and sometimes before lunch. It has helped with my appetite and energy levels, so even if it is not a magic pill to cause the weight loss I am feeling better and eating better. I am losing weight at a faster pace than in the past, although I won't swear it is because of this, but I plan on continueing. I don't have the caffeine jitters like when I drink a lot of coffee, fyi. I have a coulple friends who also use it and believe it has made a difference for them as well. So my advice would be try one container, see if it works for you, then go from there. Nothing works for everyone. However, keep in mind - You still have to diet!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Not the green coffee and raspberry ketones again! As far as the previous poster saying that the capsules help with her appetite and energy levels... i have another AMAZING product that helps with that. It's called PROTEIN. I hope you all braced yourself to have you mind blown with that one.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Rasberry ketones were added to a large number of "thermogenic" pills to mask the aftertaste. That being said I wouldn't take them for any nutritional benefit.
  • mburlina86
    Options
    I won't attest to the Raspberry working, but I do take the Green Coffee capsules once or twice a day before breakfast and sometimes before lunch. It has helped with my appetite and energy levels, so even if it is not a magic pill to cause the weight loss I am feeling better and eating better. I am losing weight at a faster pace than in the past, although I won't swear it is because of this, but I plan on continueing. I don't have the caffeine jitters like when I drink a lot of coffee, fyi. I have a coulple friends who also use it and believe it has made a difference for them as well. So my advice would be try one container, see if it works for you, then go from there. Nothing works for everyone. However, keep in mind - You still have to diet!

What brand do you take?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    why don't you just drink green tea, or drink coffee, or eat raspberries? i don't get the point of taking pills to lose weight. sounds stupid.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Just drink your coffee black. If you really like raspberries, throw some in there.

And then stay in a reasonable calorie deficit and if you want to feel good and look better, try getting a workout in every day or so, too.

That will be 3 payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling, but only if you order now!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    The Green Coffee and Rasberry Ketones ONLY work if you use them while using a Shake Weight.

I can get you a good deal on all three, but please message me your credit card number, exp. date, name on the card, V code, billing address, and mother's maiden name.

Thanks!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

What brand do you take?

Out of the responses you've had only one has suggested they might do something and that's the one you choose to reply to? You should go by the majority vote and realise that these things aren't special magic weight loss potions, if you struggle to lose weight some placebo pills won't help you. Eat right and exercise and judge your losses by the tape measure not the scales :flowerforyou:
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't fall for pills. They don't work. They will not actually make you lose more weight. Most diet pills contain caffiene which will only slightly raise your metabolism however the effects of that will not be enough to make a huge difference.

Even a pill labeled as "all natural" or "herbal" can be dangerous and can interfer with something else you are taking. Suppliements are not normally regulated by the FDA and diet pills are classified as suppliments.

The only thing it will make lighter is your wallet. Weight loss takes time and effort. Make sure you are eating enough, getting proper exercise in, and ensure you are eating enough protein, fiber, fats and drinking enough water.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    They are rubbish. If you want to lose any weight from ketones, do an actual ketogenic diet. Ketones are used to quickly turn fat into energy. Your body naturally produces ketones, but they are only used if your body doesn't have carbs to burn. Carbs are a much easier and preferable energy source over your body fat stores.

The best analogy I have heard is carbs are like gasoline and fat is a large log. It doesn't take a lot of energy to burn gasoline, but it burns quickly. A large log, on the other hand, takes a lot of energy to get started but burns for much longer once started. In this example the ketones are the fire used to start the log burning. But like I said, your body will always prefer to use the carbs since they require far less effort to burn into fuel.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

What brand do you take?

Please look at all the other posts before jumping on the one that claims these pills work. I would imagine it's a placebo effect as these pills have not been proven to work.

If you want to lose fat faster, increase your muscle mass. More muscle means a higher metabolism and a smaller body.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's a scam. Waste of money.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Anyone know anything about these products? I have had trouble losing ANY weight, went to the doctors and nothing medically is wrong. Didn't know if these would help to boost a loss or not?! Any suggestions or opinons are welcome!

Thanks!

Your other posts mention that you have PCOS, so there IS something medically wrong. PCOS is notorious for making weight loss more difficult. But that doesn't mean that all hope is lost and it's time to resort to drastic, gimmicky, unsupported-by-peer-reviewed-research tactics.

Instead, I would try adding some weight training to your Zumba schedule. Zumba is good cardio exercise and good fun, but weight training will really help improve your body composition and improve your metabolism by building muscle and burning fat.

If you have no idea where to start, think about hiring a trainer for 1 or 2 sesssions to show you some exercises and how to lift with proper form. Or read "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". Or check out nerdfitness.com for some great body weight exercises.

Seriously, though, the day I started lifting weights (and eating more protein) changed my life. I don't even care about whether the number on the scale goes up or down, I just know that as I get stronger my body is getting tighter and I feel better about myself than I ever have.

Weight training is free, and good for you. "Magic" pills are expensive, and the long-term impact on your body is unknown.
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Never tried either of those. But I did start taking Alpha Lipoic Acid to address elevated blood sugar (Type 2 Diabetes). I take Solgar brand Alpha Lipoic Acid, 600 mg twice a day. Alpha Lipoic Acid metabolizes fat around your cells, which then allows insulin manufactured and released by your pancreas to penetrate the cell walls and burn blood sugar rather than store it as fat. In essence, Alpha Lipoic Acid resets your metabolism. It is a non-essential nutrient that your body is supposed to make on its own. But when you're significantly overweight, your body may have difficulty making enough of it. Three to four weeks after I began taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, my blood sugar returned to near normal levels and I started dropping weight a bit more quickly than I had prior to taking Alpha Lipoic Acid. I then had stopped taking it after my blood sugar stabilized at normal levels (in late December), and my rate of weight loss subsequently hit a near standstill. I started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid again this week and immediately dropped a pound within two days. I also just resumed taking Chromax Plus and Cinnamon twice daily, which are supposed to boost your metabolism as well I will continue taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromax Plus, and Cinnamon to burn fat and drop more weight. I also take L-Carnitine liquid once a day to build muscle from my existing fat stores. This nutritional supplement strategy has worked really well for me. So, I've returned to it for the foreseeable future. Hope this helps you too!
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    Never tried either of those. But I did start taking Alpha Lipoic Acid to address elevated blood sugar (Type 2 Diabetes). I take Solgar brand Alpha Lipoic Acid, 600 mg twice a day. Alpha Lipoic Acid metabolizes fat around your cells, which then allows insulin manufactured and released by your pancreas to penetrate the cell walls and burn blood sugar rather than store it as fat. In essence, Alpha Lipoic Acid resets your metabolism. It is a non-essential nutrient that your body is supposed to make on its own. But when you're significantly overweight, your body may have difficulty making enough of it. Three to four weeks after I began taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, my blood sugar returned to near normal levels and I started dropping weight a bit more quickly than I had prior to taking Alpha Lipoic Acid. I then had stopped taking it after my blood sugar stabilized at normal levels (in late December), and my rate of weight loss subsequently hit a near standstill. I started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid again this week and immediately dropped a pound within two days. I also just resumed taking Chromax Plus and Cinnamon twice daily, which are supposed to boost your metabolism as well I will continue taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromax Plus, and Cinnamon to burn fat and drop more weight. I also take L-Carnitine liquid once a day to build muscle from my existing fat stores. This nutritional supplement strategy has worked really well for me. So, I've returned to it for the foreseeable future. Hope this helps you too!

THANKS
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    tommy_lee_jones_does_not_approve.jpg

Ugh this again?
  • mburlina86
    Options
    I truly thought this website was for people supporting people...apparently it's just for rude people. Forget I asked...geez.