You Tube Workouts

Options
Hey!!

I currently belong to a gym, but I will be moving and may not be able to get to the gym as often as I like.

I am looking some workouts to do if I cant make it to the gym.

Have you used any you tube workouts... if so which ones and were they effective?

ready... set... go!!

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I like alot of Mike Chang's workouts. He has home cardio workouts, and even strength training ones that only require a pair of dumbbells. Check out his channel @ http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?feature=pvchclk
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ohh... that sounds great. thanks!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I like Kendell Hogan's workouts. If you just search YouTube for his name, he has videos ranging from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, abs and cardio and circuit.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Check out the BeFit Channel. Lots of good stuff.
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    I like Tiffany Rothe.
  • dani_1977
    Options
    thanks all !. I will check them out
  • dani_1977
    Options
    wow the befit channel has lots of stuff
  • Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The BeFit channel has several trainers. I started using Jillian Michael's stuff on there since my DVD had a terrible accident :laugh:

There are lots of negative Nancy's on the comments though, so I try not to read them before I work out
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I like the FitnessBlender videos, as they have a nice variety of difficulties. You can work your way up gradually. There's no music and not a lot of chatter.
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    I started using FitnessBlender too.

They have a fair amount of easy stuff too (as I'm fairly new to this stuff) and low impact stuff as well for those with joint problems (again, like me). What I like about them, is that I can keep at the same pace as the trainer which helps me a lot so while videos often say, you can go faster/slower if you want, I always loose track of what I'm doing and slow down too much then.

Can anyone else recommend any low impact videos (preferably without any burpees and few squats as I have knee problems and really struggle with those, I tend to skip them but that sucks as well as either I have to fiddle with the video to fast forward or just wait and cool down too much).
  • dani_1977
    Options
    Well in my class when they do burpess.. I replace with either jumping jacks, high knees, mountain climbers or anything cardio.

Squats.. you can replace any other but toning thing.. donkey kicks, pelvic thrust or standing kick backs.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

They have a fair amount of easy stuff too (as I'm fairly new to this stuff) and low impact stuff as well for those with joint problems (again, like me). What I like about them, is that I can keep at the same pace as the trainer which helps me a lot so while videos often say, you can go faster/slower if you want, I always loose track of what I'm doing and slow down too much then.

Can anyone else recommend any low impact videos (preferably without any burpees and few squats as I have knee problems and really struggle with those, I tend to skip them but that sucks as well as either I have to fiddle with the video to fast forward or just wait and cool down too much).

On the BeFit channel, there are a few walking videos with Denis Austin. I don't really do them, though, as they don't get my HR up that much. I have a video from Acacia that has snippets of a few different workouts, and one is by Petra Someone (I know that's helpful, sorry), that is pretty good, and low impact, no jumping, etc.
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options

On the BeFit channel, there are a few walking videos with Denis Austin. I don't really do them, though, as they don't get my HR up that much. I have a video from Acacia that has snippets of a few different workouts, and one is by Petra Someone (I know that's helpful, sorry), that is pretty good, and low impact, no jumping, etc.

The Denis Austin ones look good, I'll give them a shot. Although some do look fairly fast paced which I might not be able to keep up with but I guess I'll only get fitter by trying harder.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Fitness Blener and FitBit. Awesome workouts!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I love zuzkalight.com. Intense, short workouts that are mostly bodyweight exercises. Occasionally she does weights, too.
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Most of the Jillian Michaels workouts, like the 30 Day Shred and Yoga Meltdown, are on You Tube.
  • krrs1980
    krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Katrina's workouts from Tone it Up/LS (live strong) Woman.