Insight into BMR/TDEE

Options
I've stalled eating at 1200 calories (I always eat my excercise calories back) so the net is 1200. I have lost 8lbs total.

My weight is 148, 5'3" and my BMR (sedentary) is 1443 and TDEE is 1732 so I just wanted to do some tweaking with the calories to get the weight coming off again :) I am trying to get to 135lbs.

Can anyone give me some insight? I like keeping exercise at sedentary and eating back the exercise cals. I just ordered a polar Ft4 so I can get a more accurate reading of what I am burning.

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    TDEE minus 20% for fat loss. Simples ;-))
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok, that's 1386 for calories....then I eat back any exercise calories, right?

Thanks, sometimes I think I overthink this...lol :)
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Ok, that's 1386 for calories....then I eat back any exercise calories, right?

Thanks, sometimes I think I overthink this...lol :)

No, your TDEE includes your exercise calories. If you're eating TDEE - 20%, you would not eat back your exercise calories.
  • leap314
    Options
    But I have it listed as sedentary, if I include excercise it bumps up to 2237 TDEE.....
  • leap314
    Options
    No, your TDEE includes your exercise calories. If you're eating TDEE - 20%, you would not eat back your exercise calories.
    [/quote]

But I have it listed as sedentary, if I include excercise it bumps up to 2237 TDEE.....
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I use sedentary to calculate my TDEE as well. I then eat back *most* of my exercise calories. I don't eat all of them just to account for those exercise/food calculations that may not be so accurate. It's been working well for me. I've lost 15lbs so far.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I use sedentary to calculate my TDEE as well. I then eat back *most* of my exercise calories. I don't eat all of them just to account for those exercise/food calculations that may not be so accurate. It's been working well for me. I've lost 15lbs so far.

^^this

If that is your sedentary TDEE, you would eat back the exercise calories. Sorry - I misunderstood you.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

then eat 2273 - 20% and don't skip any workouts

that's 1819 cals/day
  • leap314
    Options
    Ok, thanks, just making sure. I'm changing around the settings so I wanted to be sure I am doing it right. :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You can do this two ways actually...

You can do TDEE-#% as sedentary and eat back the calories burned in exercise....

or

You can do TDEE-#% with exercise calculated in and not eat back calories burned.
    Do what works for you. If the first way works do it, if the 2nd way works then do that.

One thing though, you might want to consider TDEE-15% or -10%. Seeing how you are only 13 pounds from your goal it might be a better idea. Just a thought.