5'2 182 to 160 - 18 months - Before/During

Options

Replies

• bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It is an Incredible feeling to hear some of you lovely ladies say that I am a motivation / inspiration in any way. It is the little extra encouragement that I need to keep my head up and not quit. Thanks again everyone for your kind words, it most definitely helps!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Congrats!! I too am 5'2 started at 186, got down to 139, now back up to 160 =/ anyways I am back for my last 40lbs. The great thing about us shorties is that 22lbs make a HUGE difference. So go us!!
  • bethanytowell
    Options
    I know thats right, for some, 15lbs might not be much, but on a 5'2 frame it really shows!
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! I'm 5' 2" as well. I started out at 161 and am down to 142 right now. You will get there:)
  • brownieyed7399
    Options
    You look beautiful! I have the exact same goal! My weight loss has been sooo slow! I'm trying to not get frustrated but I workout so hard and watch my calories that its frustrating when you see nothing on the scale but you give me hope!
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Losing it slowly is definitely the way to go - more likely to keep it off and less likely to have to worry about loose skin (especially since you're lifting heavy too). You look phenomenal, way to go! :smile:
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    Options
    I appreciate your post! It's sometimes discouraging when you see others losing weight so quickly. But we all achieve our goals, just differently. Great job and keep up the good work!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    awsome job you look fabulous!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5"2 as well do know how hard it can be.
    You've done an amazing job, well done!!
    You're super cute too :flowerforyou:
  • 98by2014
    98by2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you're looking so great!
    being a 5 ft 2 girl myself, it's really motivating to see your success! I can't wait to see any further updates :-)
  • SlimT05
    SlimT05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Your stats sound like mine. I am 5'2, starting at 180.5 and am currently at 160.5. My goal weight is 145 also. You can do it. It is sooo worth it.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! :drinker:
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! I too am 5'2 (and 1/4!!!) and it has been such a struggle to lose weight. I would love to get down to 160, but at this point 180 is in my sights. I am at 196, and no budging in site!!!
  • bethanytowell
    Options
    Something I forgot to add, I started rock climbing a few weeks ago and it is a great strength workout, especially upper body which is my weak point! So ladies if you are looking for a great upper body workout that is fun and a little different I would recomend looking into trying a rock climbing gym, I am so glad I found one near me that also wasnt very expensive. Its a fun break from the regular routine.
  • bmtmom03
    bmtmom03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Congratulations on the success! I am 5'3 and weight almost as much as I did when I gave birth to my son (9 years ago). Good inspiration!!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome!! Congrats and Best wishes for getting down to your GW.

I am 5'2, and at 119lbs. I still have some tummy to go. But I don;t do any heavy lifting and you prove that how heavy lifting can change your body even if you are at a bigger number than I am.
  • bethanytowell
    Options
    Way to Go! I too am 5'2 (and 1/4!!!) and it has been such a struggle to lose weight. I would love to get down to 160, but at this point 180 is in my sights. I am at 196, and no budging in site!!!

I know the struggle all too well but I know you can do it! For me personally, I just try to remind myself that it isnt a race and that although some of my good friends have lost alot more weight a lot more quickly, they have all gained it back and im still steadily loosing, it may only be 1lb per month but thats sure better than gaining 1lb per month!
  • bethanytowell
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome!! Congrats and Best wishes for getting down to your GW.

I am 5'2, and at 119lbs. I still have some tummy to go. But I don;t do any heavy lifting and you prove that how heavy lifting can change your body even if you are at a bigger number than I am.

The mantra that I live by is, "Eat at a deficit to weigh less & Lift heavy to change your body" Lifting has really done amazing things for my backside, when I get to my goal I will post a picture of my backside before & after. barbell Squats and straight leg Deadlifts really work for me personally. Give it a try, i promis you wont regret it!!!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    amazing job! You look beautiful, congratulations on your success so far :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!