Not losing ANY weight!

Options
I have been logging for 16 days, and I have only lost 1 pound!!! I have halved my calorie intake, and am eating MUCH healthier before! I am getting really frustrated and losing motivation because of it. I am only 22 and quite overweight, so I should be losing quite a few pounds by now. WHAT IS GOING ON!!?? I know I could exercise more, but I should still be losing some weight. I have had thyroid issues in the past (nothing serious), but could thyroid problems be a factor?

Advise please =/

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Can you open your food diary. Are you working out? Not sure about thyroid.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What works for me is weighing & Measuring my food because when i first started i was SOOO off on what i thought was an "accurate" portion. It really threw off my weight loss.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It's been 16 days... chances are the problem is your expectations, not your method.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    It's been 16 days... chances are the problem is your expectations, not your method.

Exactly this.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

This and please open your diary so we can help you !
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Have you been checked to see if you are insulin resistant. If you are like so many of us, the weigh will not budge unless you reduce your carbs as well as calories. Try checking to see how many carbs you get in a day & drop them to 100 or less & see if you lose. It is the only thing that works for me & it is still slow, but i can lose.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    you already said it, excercise more.
  • rkammerer
    rkammerer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You said you have halved your calorie intake. How many calories are you eating exactly? Are you putting your body into starvation mode instead of weight loss mode?
  • natashapaer
    Options
    try having no carbs or sugar for 12 weeks then slowly incorporate them back in. The pounds will melt off, I promise.
    SOUTH BEACH DIET
  • kats1108
    Options

This and please open your diary so we can further help!

Agree with both of the above. Also, weight is only one of many things that a thyroid issue can affect. It could be an issue contributing to the challenge of losing wt but that would depend on if its over or under active. But losing weight or not--- a possible thyroid issue is something you should follow-up with your doctor on.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    try having no carbs or sugar for 12 weeks then slowly incorporate them back in. The pounds will melt off, I promise.
    SOUTH BEACH DIET

Especially if you eat over your daily calorie goal... as long as you are low/no carb, you should be fine.

*end sarcasm*
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    SOUTH BEACH DIET

No need for this.
  • hdutoit17
    Options
    Your thyroid can play a part for sure, maybe go have it checked out.

My friend is very active and healthy and she couldnt lose any weight. She got more information about her contraceptive and saw that a lot of people complain about that specific pill because it makes you retain water. She has lost 3 pounds since she went off it about 2-3 weeks ago.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    You said you have halved your calorie intake. How many calories are you eating exactly? Are you putting your body into starvation mode instead of weight loss mode?

No, she isn't. It's been 16 days and she's overweight. She's not in starvation mode.
  • kimheiman
    kimheiman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    when first start you really need to measure and weight your food intake because you might think that is a 4 oz chicken breast and its a 7 oz if you open your diary that would help and keep you accountable and track everything you eat. Exercise exercise and more exercise. I hated it but now i can tolerate it. Did i say exercise it will take inches down fast. In 4 monthes i went from a 14 jeans to a 8. only lose 20 pounds but major inches. Hope this helps. At first i just did workout videos on you tube. Now i bought the dvds that i liked so i can put them on my TV. YOU CAN DO THIS. Keep yourself accountable everyday!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    It's only been sixteen days! Do not believe the weight loss commercials that say you'll lose ten pounds in a week. Those are all lies to try to get you to buy something. Healthy weight loss--and weight loss that stays off--is slow and steady. Your body takes time to adjust to what you are doing. Keep watching what you eat, exercise, and drink lots of water. Come back in sixteen WEEKS and show us your results!
  • SantanaHeathFulp
    Options
    I expectations are not to lose a ton in 16 days, but I figured more than 1 lb. I was thinking 4ish would be nice.
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    One pound a week is actually what you should aim for, so that would only be two pounds. Just keep working hard. It will come. But check your expectations because it takes a lot of hard work and a lot of TIME.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    What works for me is weighing & Measuring my food because when i first started i was SOOO off on what i thought was an "accurate" portion. It really threw off my weight loss.

Do this and check the accuracy of your calorie counting.

If your ticker signifies how much weight you need to lose then if you have really halved your TDEE than you should be losing comfortably.
  • SantanaHeathFulp
    Options
    I am eating about 1650 a day.