TRX, Zumba, Barre....How do I figure it out?

Options
Hello,

I have been taking classes. I can not seem to find or figure how how many calories I am burning. TRX is 45 minutes of strength core, Zumba is 45 minutes of cardio and Barre is 45 minutes of controlled movements for strength as well. I know it would depend on the level of intensity as well but how can I figure this out?? None of these are in the exercise section on here to calculate.

Replies

• jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't have one myself, but I hear an HRM (hear rate monitor) is a great way to see your calories burned. I'm planning on getting one, but for now I use calorie burn calculators online. I've noticed that MFP can sometimes overestimate how many calories you actually burn. Btw, HRMs can be bought at Wal-Mart for sure, I would bet any fitness store in your area, places like Target that sell fitness equipment, or online (like Amazon). I would do some research to find something. Hope this helps!
  • Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would definitely invest in a HRM. I got one about 3-4 weeks ago and it is one of the best things I've bought. I bought a Polar FT40 from Amazon for about $98. Polar website has them for $180. I love having a more accurate way to measure calories burned. And I like to see how pushing myself further during the same workout can increase the calorie burn. It is really motivating and I'm getting more out of my workouts.
  • meliclark
    meliclark Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hmm....good idea! I am guessing you wear this on your upper arm? I will start shopping for one so that I can get a good idea of what I am burning. Thank you!!:happy:
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The most accurate heart rate monitors will have a chest strap and a watch that you wear on your arm. I have a Polar ft7 and the chest strap is very comfortable. I had a timex one before and the chest strap was terrible.

Also - just as an FYI - in my hour long barre class, I burn between 400 - 500 calories depending on the intensity (according to my HRM).
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I second the heart rate monitor. I have a Polar FT4, bought it on amazon for about 60$.

During my 45min TRX class, I burn between 250-300 calories.