Your Insanity Story

Options
I was hoping to hear and see peoples journeys with insanity? I'm wanting to get the program.

Anything you would like to share about it?

What weight did you start at and finish at?
What were your starting and final measurements?

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    First of all Insanity is HARD!! My personal experience was I was never able to do it the full 6 days a week. You need lots of protein in your diet and more calories than you think. It changed my body completely. I didn't lose a whole lot of weight but I did lose inches. If you are one who focuses on the scale it's gonna take awhile before you see an actual number drop on the scale. I dd it on and off for about 2 months. It was a beating for me for sure. I would love to do it again but I'm just not there yet.
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    Currently doing Insanity. Finishing month 1 up tonight and have my recovery week before beginning "Max" month. I initially lost about 10 pounds but have recently gained 3 back, although within 3 weeks I lost an inch. I'm also running each morning on top of Insanity. I love the challenge!! It's an awesome program. Feel free to add me!
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing off week 3 of month 1. I actually love the workouts. They're incredibly challenging, but not too bad if you go at your own pace and push yourself when you know you can. I was so sore after the first 3 workouts though, that I needed extra rest days. So I ended up doing the first 2 weeks in the schedule over a span of 3 weeks. Now I'm able to do it every day.

I haven't seen any weight loss yet, or even many inches off. But I'm able to do a lot more of the workouts with not as many rest breaks as I was taking the first few days. So I am getting stronger and in better shape! From what I've read it's month 2 where you see the most results. Here's hoping that's true!
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a killer, but it's great. I can't say I saw any results (no weight lost, no inches lost), but I dug the way I was feeling all the time. On weekends I'd do it in the morning and feel amazing all day. After work, during the week, it's super hard to muster the energy to do it, but it's definitely worth it. Don't bother buying it, though -- so many people have it now, you should just burn the DVDs and print the calendar from the internet. Good luck! Oh, and let me know what you think of Tanya. I hate Tanya.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question! I'm starting it April 1st (need to finish my other programs first!) and I can't wait!!
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Insanity was so much fun! I did it last year and I finished a while ago.
    I did find both some pros and cons though. Here are some afterthoughts:
    -I became WAY more durable in my cardio
    -Now that I finished, I actually started doing proper warm up and cool down routines with my other workouts - big WIN for me!
    -Every time I do a short workout now, I feel a bit guilty and do some extra :)
    BUT
    -My upper body strength is worse than it was before (!!! don't know how this happened)
    -I suggest including YOGA every once in a while - it will benefit you greatly!