50+ weight loss. From new Mom to NPC Competitor

Options
My journey started with a Body for Life Challenge eighteen months after having my son. I completed two 12 week challenges and decided to go in a different direction. I reassessed my goals and decided that I wanted to try my luck by getting on a stage and competing in the bikini division of the NPC series. Constantly learning and not being happy with the status quo, I moved on to Crossfit then back to the weights. I hope to try Bikram yoga soon and always keep an open mind and will try most anything (EXCEPT MARATHONS! LOL...I am not a runner!). Upon my son's diagnosis with autism, I took more to the supplements that I had been utilizing and decided to switch to IsAgenix only (simply due to the fact of the ingredients and where their whey is derived).

I went on to get my personal training certification and hope to soon start a nutrition certification. I love to help friends and anyone who reaches out to me. I know what it is like to walk in to a gym for the first time - then to venture in to the free weight area! I know what it's like to not be sure of what "good carbs" and "healthy fats" mean. It was trial, error, and a lot of learning and being blessed by people who surrounded me that were willing to give me their guidance.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Changes_zps894f852a.jpg

Replies

• nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Congratulations! you look awesome :)
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    Wow! you look amazing!
  • MissKatie_J
    MissKatie_J Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you, both! It's a never ending journey of development, hard work and rewards :)
  • doober922
    doober922 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!!! I would love to have your physique!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you are SMOKIN!!!! Great work & congrats on the lifestyle change!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look simply amazing...WOW...
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You look simply amazing...WOW...

I agree! Truly amazing. Congratulations on your NPC competitions:happy:
  • erikapereira
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LOVE it. I love the idea of being in competition form but never want to actually compete. (not a get up on stage kind of person) but when I have muscles. I did body for life a few years ago loved the lifting. I have not got back into it yet it will come when I head back to the gym hopefully this winter.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! You look absolutely amazing!!!

I am currently training to compete in an NPC competition as well! I am 6 months out since i still have a ways to go!!!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look AMAZING!!!
  • MissKatie_J
    MissKatie_J Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well you all certainly know how to make this girl's day!

Body for Life was a good starting place for me and, like most who complete a 12 week process, one must find another motivation. You do not just stop and say, "Well! That's done! Back to eating junk and sitting on the couch!" No. It is a lifestyle change. There is one gal whom I met along the way and I am blessed that she lives in my area. She pushes me and went from 328 lbs at her highest at 39 to handing me my butt daily at crossfit at 49!

If anyone is in need of some serious motivation, her blog is www.garagegym107.com

BTW - she's a former Body for Life Champion :)
  • nikkionwine
    Options
    You are amazing! This is the journey I'd like to take too! I'd love to talk to you!
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Kate. OMG. Well done, beautiful transformation
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm completely blown away by your results. I want similar results eventually. I'm probably too afraid to step on stage, but I'd love to have that body for sure! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You look great!!! I too have liked to "experiment" with different forms of fitness throughout the years...from Crossfit to yoga to weights...and I always go back to weights and HIIT for cardio. I think the weights make my body look the best and are the most fun! :smile:
  • surfbabe
    Options
    You are amazing! And look fabulous!
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    inspiring....thanks for posting!!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Omg! You're such an inspiration!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    awesome work! Love this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!