Keeping going?

Options
Hi guys,

So, basically I'm at this place in my weight loss where I'm mostly doing everything the way I would like to; I'm losing weight regularly at a healthy rate and (mostly) eating foods that I believe are good for my body. I started before MFP and I've been on this journey since September 2012, and my question is how do you guys keep going? The amount I want to lose and how long it's going to take is really intimidating. So, I guess it would be nice to hear how you guys get through it once a healthy lifestyle has become more routine and you just have to keep doing what you're doing for however long it takes to get to your goal.

Thanks!

Replies

• KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are doing amazing!! I say why quit now? The best way to lose weight and keep it off is slowly and gradually!!!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    just keep it up.. It's taken me 2 years to get where I am today and I am not finished yet.. Sure there are days I want to give up but I look at how far I have come and just keep plugging along.. Good luck..
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! Look at your beautiful number: you're doing so well! If it is a part of your life, keep it going, and don't worry about how long you have left. Only realize how much you have accomplished and how far you have come. Keep it up!!! The whole MFP community is proud of your accomplishment!!!!!!!!!! *Hugs*
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Remember, it is a life-style change. Even when you hit your goal, it's not over--but maybe relaxed a little! I've done this since the end of September and only lost 17-18 LBS, but that is better than nothing! Keep your head up and be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished!
  • Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel and i just today start feeling that way and then i went to the gym. Basically i just tell myself to just do it. Reality is if i dont next december 31st ill be talking about my goal of losing weight again instead admiring my new body, new.clothing selection and finding new ways to maintain my weight. Thats the most complex.answer i could give u. I just keep going even when my mind says " how long and how far". I keep going.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    So, I guess it would be nice to hear how you guys get through it once a healthy lifestyle has become more routine and you just have to keep doing what you're doing for however long it takes to get to your goal.

I think the key for me is that it IS a routine. I don't think about it as an option anymore. Sure, I have days when I ***** and moan and don't feel super motivated - today was one of them, and I spent about ten minutes staring at the weights wishing I was already done. But even during the periods that I wasn't logging on here for various reasons, I still had a routine, and when I would start to get out of that routine and break my established exercise and eating habits, I'd start to feel like crap, both physically and mentally. I feel like I have gotten to the point now where my mindset about my lifestyle, who I am, and who I want to be pretty much ensures that I'll just keep on keeping on, until I get to my goal and from there, on into maintenance.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I felt this way a few days ago!!! I have been maintaining for about 3 months and I think losing was better. At least you saw small victories on scale with a loss. I wish I could see the same number on scale as a success. I all of a sudden got this feeling of "is this my life - is this all I will ever be able to eat"?? I am small and can eat 1200 cal a day. That means almost nothing w/out exercise.

It took a lot of will power that day and today I am feeling better. I weigh myself everyday in fear I will gain. I log my food and exercise to make sure I stay on track. I go off the wagon every now and then, get back to it. I guess I have to love the new clothes, feelings and activities I can do.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you answered your own question :smile: just keep doing what you're doing. you have proven that it works!!!!