A couple of NSV's that I am proud of!!

Options
Last night I was making chicken tortellini soup for dinner and realized on my way home that I had forgotten to take the chicken breasts out of the freezer. So, to save time I stopped at the store and got a whole roasted chicken from the deli. Now, in the past...meaning last week...I would have eaten every ounce of the crispy delicious skin and most likely both legs and both wings, and then eat a full meal. Not last night!! I didn't eat one single ounce of the skin and I nibbled on a few small chunks of white meat before I put it in the soup.
Then, I absolutely did not want to go to the gym last night, but I made myself and ended up doing 45 minutes on the treadmill :)

Also, twice this week my daughter has asked to stop at McD's so she could get herself an egg mcmuffin before school and twice this week I have gotten NOTHING!!!!

It's the little things and taking it one day at a time that really make a difference!!

Replies

• michelleavent1979
    Options
    It's the changes like this that will make the difference! Good job! You should be VERY proud!
  • Rivmage
    Rivmage Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the self control!

Scott
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's those changes that create a healthier lifestyle and not simply a diet. Good for you! Keep up the good work.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!

I don't know how old your daughter is, but when I want a sausage mcmuffin, I use whole grain sandwich rounds and Morningstar sausage with the requisite egg and cheese. It saves money, calories and probably even time. Turkey sausage would also work!
  • beanerific518
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!

A quick way to defrost frozen meat in a hurry is to place it in a sink of room temp water. Depending on the quantity of meat, maybe about 1/2 hour or so.
  • amyshield
    amyshield Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am very proud of myself.
    Every little step leads to the end result :)
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the rotisserie chickens from the store! You can use them in so many things! Congrats on kicking that food devil off your shoulder :devil:
  • Ambrosia29
    Ambrosia29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on the progress and the self-control! I know how hard that is, especially when keeping in mind that its a life change. But its worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!