Struggling with hunger

Options
I'm eating my full allowed calories and am still feeling hungry. Please Help!!!

Replies

• kae2one0
    kae2one0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    water, and lots of it... before you eat, drink a glass full of water, it will help to give you that full feeling...
    i am doing the 321 (slim fast) diet, and i drink a 16 oz bottle in the morning on the way to work, around three 24 oz bottles of water at work, then like 2 or 3 more 16 oz bottles at home..

you can also eat cucumbers or pickles, i snack on those a lot since the calories are so low
  • kae2one0
    kae2one0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    oh forgot to mention i take a few vitamins, green tea, a multi vitamin, and also b-complex..
    you might want to look into that, i take a combo of a diet supplement and a metabolism booster...

haha didnt realize i put buster, meant booster..
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    it's true that green tea, ice water, and certain, uhm, shelved items do help increase metabolism, but usually not my much (it certainly doesn't hurt to try, though, I suppose!). The best way to earn more calories AND to raise your metabolism is to exercise more: cardio and strength (Cardio mainly for burning more calories which you can then eat back; Strength to increase metabolism - muscle has greater energy needs than fat does).

yes, i agree with the water comment! Not too much before a meal though, as it can dilute your body's ability to take in the nutrients and stress the electrolyte balance.

Take your time eating! If you need it, a timer always helps (I typically spend at least 20 minutes eating a meal). This way, your body can gradually get full with the food. I found that when, eating fast, I always ate more than I needed to to feel full.

Try getting more protein and healthy fats (like fish, lean meats, avocado, nuts, etc.). Also, more fiber foods (fruits, bran, etc.), and, if you haven't already, try to drink lower fat milk products (like low fat or fat-free). There's a lot of unnecessary calories in 2% milk and whole milk that doesn't really fill a person up.

Good luck! (:
  • scrtsquirrl2
    scrtsquirrl2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm doing all of these things. I guess that I've cut so much food out and so many bad calories out that I just have to get used to this. I'm eating all lean meats, fruits, vegetables. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    How are you doing with your carbs (besides fruits and veggies)? I know if I cut back too much on those, I get ravenous!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I like that article. Very no-nonsense, but practical. Thank you for sharing that.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm the same.. i just changed my diet up to restrict bread and obvious carbs. I'm only going to eat a few complex carbs a day with no starchy carbs at dinner. I'm also pairing lean protein with everything i eat to slow spikes in my blood sugar.coffee is a great appetite suppressant for me. plus, I started to drink all my water everyday.

The scale was stuck..but started to move the past two days after making these changes. Just counting the calories wasn't working for me. also..not starving all day..thinking of nothing but FOOD.:bigsmile:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If your diary is open, we may be able offer alternatives or new foods to try that will keep you fuller longer.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I make sure I eat every time I get hungry (which is every couple of hours). Make sure you get enough protein, fat, fiber, and make sure you get some carbs too. There's nothing wrong with bread or treats.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    Veggies, protein, and water. You can never get enough.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    1200 is not enough to sustain anyone
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Did I miss where you said how many calories you're eating? If you're struggling that much with hunger, it's probably b/c your calorie goal is too low.
  • Spartan_Guy
    Spartan_Guy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    water, and lots of it... before you eat, drink a glass full of water, it will help to give you that full feeling...
    i am doing the 321 (slim fast) diet, and i drink a 16 oz bottle in the morning on the way to work, around three 24 oz bottles of water at work, then like 2 or 3 more 16 oz bottles at home..

you can also eat cucumbers or pickles, i snack on those a lot since the calories are so low

This.

Water is really helpful before meals and throughout the day. Also, are you tracking your protein intake? Generally, eating more protein fills you up for longer periods of time. If you eat a bowl of cereal in the morning, you're likely to be hungry again in a couple of hours. If you eat eggs in the morning, you probably won't notice that it's lunchtime until your colleagues stop by to ask (that said, a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack are good, as long as they're healthy).

Careful with the pickles, they have a lot of sodium.
  • 1CAS
    1CAS Posts: 5
    Options
    Exercise is the only way..Today I did 65 min on the tread mill and gained 764 calories to add to my 1284. Otherwise I would starve.