My Story (and Support Search?)

Options
Hi. My name is Alli. I have been a member for about 3 months but have finally decided to branch out and get some support from other people like me. (Especially since my boyfriend is of no help AT ALL) I'm almost 20 yrs old (June 13) and over the past year and a half I had gained over 70 lbs. A lot of my weight gain had to do with.. Well.. A lot of things. Change of living situation.. Stress.. Lack of excersize.. Lack of modivation.. Bored eating.. Genetics.. And most of all.. Depo (birth control shot for those who dont know) and lack of support.

At my heaviest (three months ago) I weighted in at a whopping 205 lbs. I am 5'5". I was 135 lbs when I moved in with my bf and my whole life did a u-turn. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. A yo-yo I guess. My average weight was about 170. Smallest was 115.

I am right now.. 190 lbs and pretty happy with myself. I have lost about 5 lbs a month.. Give or take a lb. (Im really shocked I managed to lose so much over the holidays!) I really wanna get my bikini body back. I was soo happy 2 summers ago. My goal weight is a healthy 130-135 lbs. Problum is.. With no modivation.. It is kinda hard to do it.

It is hard to believe I only have 60ish lbs to go. I recently got Mirena put in (An In-Uterean Contreceptive for those who dont know) as of two days ago and already noticed my appetite had decreased. (Dunno if it is because I'm still in pain or it is because of the actual hormones). I have always been a 'sweets and junk food' kinda girl but am trying really hard to be good. I eat small snacks throughout the day and try to walk as much as possible (Its really icky here in Oregon right now) I plan on getting me a mountain bike soon because I had lost 30+ lbs biking before.

I was hoping for a few people like me to help me stay on track. I've tried to follow a set meal plan and the special k diet but always fall of the band wagon (Usually cause my boyfriend is an awesome cook and his food always looks so more appitizing than mine lol) I tend to get on 'Food kicks' The past week it has been Spicy Nacho Doritoes smothered in cheddar cheese. (Really bad for me I know)

I dont really know what else to say. I guess I've never branched out before because I am ashamed of how badly I have let myself go. I could really use the support. Please friend me.

Replies

• katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Alli-

I think 5 lbs a month is pretty good. Feel free to friend me if you want.

Kathleen
  • jorgele
    jorgele Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This journey can be hard especially without supprort from your family. At least you are willing to try and your motivated, that's way more than most people. Good luck.....Feel free to add me.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I feel ya - a lot of patients, I have seen, in clinic seem to gain a lot from depo/implanon - just keep pushing, its hard when you clean up your diet and exercise more and other people just dont seem to understand. You just have to stay consistent as best as you can.

You can do it though!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This journey is a b*%$@! I completely understand what you are going through. It has been a lifelong struggle for me as well. I want so badly to know what it feels like to be thin. Feel free to friend request me!
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    I too like my junk food and I don't deprive myself of it and I think my diary will prove that. However, I do weigh and measure things (I love my kitchen scale). Feel free to add me, I am also 5'5" looking to get back to 130 lbs. I am currently at 165 lbs so I have about 35 lbs. more to go.
  • dprada89
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me so we can motivate each other to get our body back :)