tell me about p90x

Options
is p90x good for someone who's got about 90 lbs to lose, or is it mainly for toning up? i see that a lot of people on here are using it, and my boyfriend swears by it, but i'm not sure if it's for me.!! and, if so, what is the best way to get started? (i don't know much about it).

Replies

• jessicakate26
    Options
    p90x is GREAT for losing weight. I know a friend who started it and had 95 lbs to lose...you can just modify the exercises and as you get more in shape and comfortable you will see a difference in your strength and endurance! Its a wonderful program and if you are considering it...I would definitely say to try it! I am currently doing Insanity and that is another wonderful program but does not require you to have any equipment.
    Best of luck!!! Let me know how it goes!!
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There is a fitness test that you can do to see if you are ready for P90X. It can be an intense workout. See beachbodies.com. From that same website you can also get Power 90 the precurser for P90X and start with that. Although I have P90X, and Jillian Michaels I also have the power 90 series. I have yet to start the power 90.

Also I think it depends on your eating plan -- if you plan to do the nutrition plan along with P90X or just log your current calories and eating plan.

I know several people I know have used P90X and love it. I cant wait till I get to the point where I can start it.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Well, I set out to lose about 50 pounds when I started the P90X program. Pounds melted away fairly well in the first phase (I think it is because I shocked my body) and now it is coming off slower but steady. The big thing is that your body changes shape even if the scale is not reflecting the changes.

The great thing about P90X is that you can modify the way you need to and still get a GREAT workout and you will see ( really quickly) that you are getting stronger and you will be motivated to push yourself. Before you know it you will be keeping up with Tony and the gang.

Hey, if I can do it with Lupus... anybody can do it!

If you have any questions message me...
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Push play, and keep pushing play!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm considering starting it too...
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm on my 4th round of 90 days. I do other Beachbody programs too
    I love what they have to offer. I am a coach with them.
  • KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between Power 90 and P90X?
  • skyisthelimit25
    Options
    i love seeing everyone's before and after pictures! talk about motivational...
    so, for those of you who have used it and found success, have you been following the diet plan as well? (i'm assuming there is one). and what sort of equipment do you need to buy? ?
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    What's the difference between Power 90 and P90X?

Power 90 is an easier version. Still a good workout. There is also Power 90 Master Edition. It falls between Power 90 and P90X.
    P90X is short for Power 90 Extreme.

I did not follow the nutrition for the first month and still got great results. After that I just did the 40/40/20 for carb/protein/fat. Worked out well.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    is p90x good for someone who's got about 90 lbs to lose, or is it mainly for toning up? i see that a lot of people on here are using it, and my boyfriend swears by it, but i'm not sure if it's for me.!! and, if so, what is the best way to get started? (i don't know much about it).

P90X is a great program, as many have vouched for on here. However, it's not a program for beginners. I don't know your current fitness level, so certainly don't want to assume anything, but if you are just setting out to get back in shape after a break, I would almost suggest something else. There are lots of options that have less extreme, as I'd hate to see you invest into P90X, get frustrated and give up. I know Beachbody would hate to see the same. Send me a direct message if you'd like to talk about other options.

Best of luck!
    -Taryn