ripped in 30 - level 1 soreness

I've been doing jillian michaels videos for over a year now. I've done all of 30 day shred and ripped in 30. For some reason, level 1 of ripped in 30 leaves my hamstrings sore EVERY time, even after all this time I've been exercising. It's weird to me because I don't get THAT tired during the workout. When I first did ripped in 30 level 1, my hamstrings hurt SO bad I could barely sit down or stand up for almost a week. I admit that it has gotten better since that first time, but I am surprised that I still get as sore as I do.

I am wondering what exercises in level 1 are leaving my hamstrings so sore. It's hard for me to tell because the exercises aren't very hard for me. Could it be the fast feet cardio? the goodmornings? the deadlift rows? I'm sure it's a combination of things in that level. I've just been thinking about this for a while so I had to post, because I don't get sore like this from ANY of her other dvd's/levels.

Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    bump
  • bluebuggy1970
    bluebuggy1970 Posts: 70 Member
    I have only done Leve 1 so far, kind of scared to do the rest but I think it is a combination of all the squats and dead lift rows, etc including the fast feet. I love the feeling cause the legs are my problem area....
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    I haven't tried 30ds yet but it sounds like you may just need to make sure you are stretching your hams very very well. And also make sure your form is correct when you are doing 30ds. Another thing is to make sure you are drinking plenty of water, your muscles need it.
  • rdw90
    rdw90 Posts: 4
    I had the same problem, though not quite to that extreme. It went away when I started keeping my knees a little bent instead of locking them out for the straight-legged moves.
  • valleymum
    valleymum Posts: 33 Member
    i love jillian micheals videos but i find her warm ups are insufficiant for me! try to warm up and cool down a lil more then the video does, that might alleviate some soreness.
  • I had that problem too, try stretching before starting the video and do some good stretches after, should help a bit. I feel her warm ups and cool downs should be longer.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Thanks for the responses everyone, I already know that I do not stretch enough, so I will definitely try to focus more on stretching.
  • aaaron00
    aaaron00 Posts: 16 Member
    I just finished level 1 day 5 of Ripped in 30... When I first started I was also experiencing bad pains in my hamstrings! Not sure which move exactly it's from though. Either the deadlifts or the goodmornings I would imagine. Luckily the soreness dies down after a few days:) good luck!