The more I exercise

Options
the more I break out. Mostly on my chin, neck, shoulder and back. I'm almost 32 and I feel like a teenager with all these breakouts I'm getting. Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Quite the opposite, unless I wear cheap polyester workout clothes (I'm allergic). Could that be your issue?

I can wear UnderArmor and Nike Drifit but not much else.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Probably due to extra sweat. Shower immediately after exercising and exfoliate once or twice a week.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I am too! I thought it was because of some hormonal changes from recently getting an IUD, but now that you mention it, I'm breaking out in the exact same places! Must be the sweat from workouts. I don't know what to do other than wash them right after. I don't know about you, but sometimes, that's just not possible for me.
  • Brianne0616
    Options
    I have been breaking out on my back a bit - but I do Pilates 5-6 days a week and you are laying down on the reformers for most of it. That is what I think the problem is there. What are you eating - a lot of times breakouts are caused by what we are eating. Try some really clean eating for a couple of weeks and see if you see a difference. I just started doing that this week to see if I notice any change. I am really sticking to protein and good carbs. I am not using any sugar, salt, or any other condiments besides hot sauce and drinking 130 ounces of water a day.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Forgot to tell you...I'm 46 and feel like I'm going thru puberty again! It's crazy!:noway:
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I actually shower right after my workout as I do my workouts at home usually with the Wii or an exercise dvd and once the weather gets nice again then I take my workout outdoors with my double stroller and walk walk walk.

I really don't have any particular workout clothing. Sometimes in my pajama bottoms and a t-shirt and other times its yoga pants and a tank top. No particular brands.

I try for lots of fruits and veggies and protein. My diary is open. Right now I'm back to doing the herbalife shakes again for 2 months. I did it last year for two months and lost 20lbs and kept it off and doing it again now to lose 20lbs again before my 2 week Florida vacation in April. I know I know everyone has their opinions about shakes and diets but I'm doing it cause it does work for me. The breakouts occur whether or not I'm doing the shakes lol.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Forgot to tell you...I'm 46 and feel like I'm going thru puberty again! It's crazy!:noway:

I'm sorry. Now if only all the responsibilities of being an adult would dimish as well lol
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am not breaking out everywhere, but my face is out of control. I am almost 40 and it's worse than when I was a teenager!