Enough Already

Options
I have to get this off my chest. For the love of god, would people please use the "search" option in the forum! There are already hundreds of postings about "Is 1200 to low?", "green tea and raspberry ketones does it work?", "do you eat back your exercise calories?" etc, etc. Is there a need for every person to post the same exact question that has already been answered a bizillion times??? Use the SEARCH option and put in a few words about your topic and you will get a list of posts to answer your question. The answers to these questions are not going to change from day to day.

Ok.....let me have it! :smile:

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    THERE IS A SEARCH BUTTON!?! YOU DONT SAY!

joey.gif
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You do have the option to not read the threads. Everyone is a noob at some people and we need to guide them. Or just post a link to another thread.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU
    citizen-kane-clapping.jpg
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    maybe you should have searched this topic before you posted. This gets put here several times a week too.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The draw of the internet is interaction. You don't get interaction from a search function. People want to reach out, connect, have their questions answered personally, personably, and by other people in real-time.

People not using the search function is not and has never been a pet peeve of mine.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    GET OUT!!!!!! would it not be boring if we could not repeat it day after day after day????
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    GrumpyNo_zps177922dd.jpg

I am a special snowflake and your answers will be different when I ask.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    GET OUT!!!!!! would it not be boring if we could not repeat it day after day after day????

Kangaroo, I LOVE your profile pic :heart:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree. In other forums, people won't respond at all if it's a topic that's been covered. MFP peeps are TOO nice though. The people in this community will respond...and respond...and respond...
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Why does it bother you? Just don't read the posts that bore you.

Or is this post trolling? I'm new, so I don't know...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    maybe you should have searched this topic before you posted. This gets put here several times a week too.

LOL

Reading the forums keeps me occupied during my insanely boring work day.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    GrumpyNo_zps177922dd.jpg

I am a special snowflake and your answers will be different when I ask.

LOL! I almost put a comment like this in my post.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If you used your own suggestion you would see that this thread has been done to death also.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Why does it bother you? Just don't read the posts that bore you.

Or is this post trolling? I'm new, so I don't know...

I don't know what trolling is, so no.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The mods on this site ENCOURAGE reposts since often times new insight is brought to the topic along with activity on the topic.

Why does it bother you if somebody would rather explain their situation and make sure versus just relying on old threads?
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

LOL

Reading the forums keeps me occupied during my insanely boring work day.

AMEN!! I call them BOOMM days (bored out of my mind!)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    irony3.jpeg
  • Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have to get this off my chest. For the love of god, would people please use the "search" option in the forum! There are already hundreds of postings about "Is 1200 to low?", "green tea and raspberry ketones does it work?", "do you eat back your exercise calories?" etc, etc. Is there a need for every person to post the same exact question that has already been answered a bizillion times??? Use the SEARCH option and put in a few words about your topic and you will get a list of posts to answer your question. The answers to these questions are not going to change from day to day.

Ok.....let me have it! :smile:

There have also been 1000 "use the search option" posts.....

I hope the rest of your day goes better.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but how many topics can really be covered on a weight loss board?