Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Definitely WAY too much.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    IMHO I believe it is too much. You need a min of one or two days of rest. Now this rest day can involve some active recovery like taking a leisure walk or bike ride. You should not feel winded or have your heart pounding heavy.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    1) Your body needs to rest
    2) The day you'll stop working out every day, you'll gain everything back in no time
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I try to workout every day and with kids, I usually miss one day a week. Like you, I generally feel great.

The problem I see is not that you exercise everyday, but that you are running every day with your scheduled runs and your treadmill workouts.

I see yoga as more restorative than as a "workout" per se. Its not easy, but its not like running 5 miles either.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    WAY, WAY too much!
    And...yes, rest days are very important.

This!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    The magic happens on the rest days.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have to say yes to both.
    It's great that you're feeling good, but it sounds like you're doing A LOT and giving your body zero recovery. I have a friend who was like you, insisted she was fine and not over-doing it, until she hurt herself. Then she was pretty much forced into recovery, and miserable because she couldn't do half of what she was doing.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You need rest days and heavy lifting
  • salljecrd
    salljecrd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with all those who say it is too much. Your body needs down time to recycle. Almost sounds complusive. Enjoy at least one day of down time and reward your body for all that you have accomplished.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yes & yes..body needs to rest..we r not a machine!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm tired just reading that, so duh!
  • portergolf
    Options
    No, your body will tell you when you are overdoing it. Use common sense. Don't be afraid to push yourself because other are.

I like your plan.
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Not really, but it all depends...While on active duty, we ran 3-6 miles a day (5-10k). Plus I worked out at the gym in the evenings. Just need to make sure you're sleeping well at night and getting proper nutrition. If you feel the need to work out that much do so, just listen to your body you know it better than us...
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you aren't feeling like you need a rest is because you aren't confusing your body by always doing the same thing. In other words, your body is used to the stimulus and isn't "building". I think if you substitute some of the aerobic activity for circuit training with some nice heavy weights, your body will scream at you for a days rest. Which is good, btw!
  • maddiequinlan
    maddiequinlan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! I didn't really think about potential injuries and I may try out a rest day this weekend and see how it feels.