High Protein Meal Suggestions?

Options
Arkhos
Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
Hello, Looking for any suggestions for High Protein foods to eat 2-3 times a day. I need around 50g of protein per meal to reach my minimum of 250g/day. Seems like everything is either high calorie or high sodium, and I don't want to eat chicken 3 x a day every day. I prepare my meals on Sunday for the week and eat it twice a day usually, but any suggestions would be helpful - I'm already getting sick of my beef mix. :sick:

This is what my day looks like now:

My Diary is open also...

Breakfast: (need ideas) now I eat a mix of lean beef+fat free cottage cheese+sauce+2oz wheat pasta
Meal 2: Protein Shake + Apple + 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
Meal 3: (need ideas) now I eat a mix of lean beef+fat free cottage cheese+sauce+2oz wheat pasta
Meal 4: Protein Shake, plus a banana maybe
Meal 5: 4 egg whites+2 eggs w/yolk + grits
Meal 6: (need ideas) Half a chicken

thanks so much

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    20oz steak, lb of fish, gallon of milk
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Roast beef
    Pork Tenderloin
    Salmon
    Bison burgers

More meat! There's more out there than just chicken.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Do you eat fish? There are tons of different fish and different ways to make them and different seasonings to put on them. They work with your regular sides like pasta or maybe you could start doing veggies.

Another option is chicken but I think one of the best low cal protein is turkey.
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    Fish/prawns are a good replacement for chicken that goes well with pasta. Also, while not majorly different, turkey is also an option. You can try varying things like mince, steak and diced meat (goes for pretty much all options though I'm not a fan of minced poultry). Maybe try having some beans or chick peas too? I know they're fairly high carb too but you could replace some pasta with them and get both carbs and protein from them.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Fish.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've just started to use Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder to boost my protein intake. 1 TBSP (6 g) has 20 cal, 50 g sodium, 25 g potassium, and 5 g protein. I added 1 TBSP to my eggwhites this AM and didn't even know it was there. I stir in 2 TBSP into 100 cal Greek yogurt. It is flavorless--can add it to cottage cheese, soups, sauces or boost the protein already in protein shakes without a huge cal increase. I tried it in a glass of really cold water--mixed easily, couldn't taste it but made the water look milky.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    250 grams! Why?
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Tilapia and/or other fish. The change in texture between fish and chicken makes it a little easier to eat both long-term.
  • carolynbergen1
    Options
    Fish/prawns are a good replacement for chicken that goes well with pasta. Also, while not majorly different, turkey is also an option. You can try varying things like mince, steak and diced meat (goes for pretty much all options though I'm not a fan of minced poultry). Maybe try having some beans or chick peas too? I know they're fairly high carb too but you could replace some pasta with them and get both carbs and protein from them.

Wonder why the database on here lists the 1 lb of lean ground turkey I buy as 0 for protein? I just noticed that. Weird.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    OYSTERS!!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Steak and chicken fajitas!

Shrimp and fish tacos!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    chicken, turkey, pork, lean steak, eggs, fish, peanut butter, nuts and plenty of vegetables have decent protein content as well.

If you still struggle then protein powders may be the way to go.

I usually manage 200-250g protein daily without protein powder though.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    thanks so far! I'm already taking protein shakes twice a day (2 scoops each). I'm liking the sound of fish/shrimp/steak tacos/fajitas but the tortillas are prob too high in carbs and/or sodium, also the seasoning is prob high in sodium - any suggestions for reducing?

Hmm, maybe tomato sauce for fish/shrimp and a small amount of pasta? Any other good sauces?

What's some good seasoning for fish on it's own?

Roast Beef usually has large amounts of sodium too, unfortunately - with me eating multiple times a day at large amounts the sodium can quickly go over 3,000 :frown:

I'm at 250g of protein because I'm 405lbs and workout with a trainer 3x a week - and she tells me to. :tongue: She is also saying it will likely be going higher today - so I'm trying to find some ideas.
  • zoome360
    Options
    My current favority is Oatmeal mixed vanilla protein powder and blueberries.

- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal + 1 cup h2o - nuke for 2:30
    - Stir in 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    - Stir in 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

You can adjust the oatmeal down to 1/4 cup to eliminate some of the carbs.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    [Deleted because I can't read]

Here's the stats on TVP. It can be added to anything that you'd add ground beef to or casseroles or anything to give it more protein, if a dish doesn't have enough (you gotta kinda rehydrate it first).

1/4 cup=
    80 calories
    0 g fat
    7 g carb
    4 g fiber
    12 g protein

Edit to add: I missed the part where you were sick of ground beef! You can add TVP to just about anything, though, if you need more protein.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What's some good seasoning for fish on it's own?

I like just a little lemon juice! Nice pieces of fish are perfect on their own, like a steak!
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dude you're on the internet, google recipes for high protien foods or how to season it. I research new ways all the time.

My favorite post workout/dinner is 3 meat, 6 bean chili...
    Any fish
    EGGS
    Chicken/poultry
    Beef
    Milk