Down 22 pounds..before and during

Options
I was hesitant to share this with the entire world because as we all know once it's out there it's out there. But here goes. Please be gentle!

If I could maybe inspire just one person to start their weight loss journey today then I'm doing my job!

So I didn't take my before shot until after I had lost 4 pounds, but honestly I don't think the 4 pounds would have made much of a difference.

08845cbc-b966-409e-95f3-d98a02dd6a49_zpsdea8010b.jpg

December 11 190 pounds, January 9 182 pounds, February 20 172 pounds

ccbda25c-2069-4450-aaa3-98be5b6a7604_zpsb9ffdf39.jpg

My journey is far from over and in a few months I hope to be able to share my final before and after.

Edited: I'm 5' 6" and so far I've been counting calories and a little bit of exercise. I run around all day with my two toddlers, one is three the other is one and I walk my 6 year old to and from school every day.

Replies

• bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What a difference!!! Great job!!!
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, well done. And you've inspired me!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • chepurner
    chepurner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats! continue the journey, thats remarkable difference in a few months!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Can I ask what's your height/weight and what did you do regarding calories/exercise?
  • KinuelA
    Options
    Wow!! Great job!! U surely inspired me I am happy I joined MFP!
  • KinuelA
    Options
    Pls share ur routine with us. I also need to lose a lot around the waist
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! Sorry about the opened toilet in the recent pics. Hey, at least it's clean though!

MFP set me up at 1360 for my calories but I had to tweak that a bit. I've been floating between 1500 and 1600 and it seems to be working.

I can see a subtle change when I look in the mirror but when looking at these pics I can see a huge change. That makes me so happy!
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL lady!!! You can TOTALLY see a big difference! PROUD of you! :D
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • Devinpa
    Devinpa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! One step at a time. You should be VERY proud of yourself. Gives me that extra kick in the butt....
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I was hesitant to share this with the entire world because as we all know once it's out there it's out there. But here goes. Please be gentle!

If I could maybe inspire just one person to start their weight loss journey today then I'm doing my job!

So I didn't take my before shot until after I had lost 4 pounds, but honestly I don't think the 4 pounds would have made much of a difference.

My journey is far from over and in a few months I hope to be able to share my final before and after.

Edited: I'm 5' 6" and so far I've been counting calories and a little bit of exercise. I run around all day with my two toddlers, one is three the other is one and I walk my 6 year old to and from school every day.

That's SO badass...CONGRATS!!!! How did you do the side by side pic? I lost 22 as well, I'd like to do that with my pics. Can't figure it out!! :sad:
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You are looking GREAT! Thanks for sharing! :drinker:
  • XoCountryGirl
    XoCountryGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    great job! congrats!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep at it.
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow, great progress. In 2 months your tummy vanished. Great job. You have inspired.
  • bamshunny
    Options
    I'm 5'6", my starting weight was 194 and my current is 172.

In the beginning, back in December, I started by counting my calories. My husband used to make my plate for me at dinner and he would give me the same amount as him. I told him that I was not a 31 year old man I didn't need to eat like one. So we joined MFP, got our calorie goals and started doing portion control. MFP set me up with a goal of like 1360 but I had to change that and float between 1500 and 1600. I was using my treadmill 3 days a week and my bowflex 3 days a week ( only used the bowflex for like two weeks). But right now I am so busy with my kids that by the end of the day I just don't feel like doing anything extra. I know, no excuses but it is what it is. I also have to walk my oldest too and from school every day, which is just short of a mile for both ways.

I am certain a lot of the weight is coming off because I'm not eating like I used to. I mean I still have "bad" things but it's moderated now. Before I had no problems going to Mcdonalds for lunch and Papa johns for dinner, or that yummy Chinese buffet for lunch and then something equally unhealthy for dinner.

I am trying to get more veggies in my diet and just yesterday I had a huge salad and spinach smoothie for lunch and for dinner I ate an avocado with tomato and mozzarella along with the other serving of the smoothie I made for lunch.
  • pinkupooh
    Options
    very good job. You are doing great!!!
  • bamshunny
    Options

That's SO badass...CONGRATS!!!! How did you do the side by side pic? I lost 22 as well, I'd like to do that with my pics. Can't figure it out!! :sad:

I used a program on my computer called Picasa and made the pictures into a collage.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!