Aaaaand Discuss!

Options
miracole
miracole Posts: 492 Member
Ok first off a caveat- My husband sent me these from a different forum and I think they're hilarious. Just generating some discussion/laughs am not looking to denigrate anyone's approach to weight loss.

however I have to say each of these statements would make me want to go Darth Vader on the speaker:

“No, I don’t eat fruit, I don’t want to get fat from all the sugar!”
“Yeah, she’s pretty, but her thighs touch…”
“I don’t lift weights. I’m not looking to get all bulky and mannish.”
“Oatmeal? Ew.”
“Water weight? But I haven’t had any water in, like, a week!”
“How’s that diet going? Have you cheated yet?”
“Oh my God, I totally binged last night. I had like THREE cookies.”
“Peanut butter? Aren’t you on a diet?”

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ok first off a caveat- My husband sent me these from a different forum and I think they're hilarious. Just generating some discussion/laughs am not looking to denigrate anyone's approach to weight loss.

however I have to say each of these statements would make me want to go Darth Vader on the speaker:

“Oatmeal? Ew.”

I believe you've completed the square, please collect your prize.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    “Oh my God, I totally binged last night. I had like THREE cookies.” <---- that is so me
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Awww. Isn't that cute? They tried to think.

:sadvomit:

it bothers me that people are so misinformed. And it's their fault, but it's also the people who raised and taught then who are at fault. I feel bad for people who think they have to NOT eat certain things to be healthy. I feel worse for people who don't understand the fundamentals or definitions of eating disorders. I guess i just feel bad for dumb people.

ps. I have people on my friends list who eat like 30 cookies. That's a binge. 3 is...perhaps a poor choice. but not a binge by any means. Unless they are 500 calorie cookies.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

“Oatmeal? Ew.”

Please can you tell your husband to stop stalking me. The above messages were sent in private to him and meant something to me. Now I found out he has confided in his wife about our most private moments together. Life is so unfair!
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A lady at the gym freaked out on me one morning because i peanut butter for breakfast.... "too much fat" she said.... and also pinto beans had too many carbs
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    A lady at the gym freaked out on me one morning because i peanut butter for breakfast.... "too much fat" she said.... and also pinto beans had too many carbs

I think people don't understand the differences between unsaturated fats and saturated fats. i've been trying to research it but evidence is lacking...however, I almost feel like if it's unsaturated, the sky is the limit. I DO dislike the carb/protein ratio for beans, though. I eat pb every day. EVERY DAY!

eta: ok, the sky isn't the limit, but you guys know what i mean. it's a much healthier source than saturated and ids the problem with it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

I think people don't understand the differences between unsaturated fats and saturated fats. i've been trying to research it but evidence is lacking...however, I almost feel like if it's unsaturated, the sky is the limit. I DO dislike the carb/protein ratio for beans, though. I eat pb every day. EVERY DAY!

eta: ok, the sky isn't the limit, but you guys know what i mean. it's a much healthier source than saturated and ids the problem with it.

What gets me is this idea of a low carb, low fat diet. Just shoot your protein like heroine, or what?
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Now I'm from Tennessee, I grew up (your lucky I didnt say grewed up) eating pintos with fatback, cornbread, fried taters, fried porkchop..... I will give up all of the listed above EXCEPT pintos and cornbread...without fatback, cause that just sounds nasty... Throw in some boiled taters and mustard and I'm in heaven! Don't take this girls pintos....:wink:
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    HAha!! Ya I hear women say they can't lift more than 5 lbs or they will get manish all the time. It's so dumb.
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    I kinda get the oatmeal thing... It's not for everyone. I've made myself deal with it, but the texture is just....it's like snot. And that grosses me out.

As for binging....three cookies is like a normal day. Binging is when you keep drinking water between bites while eating an entire box (or two) of cookies because you know that'll make them easier to get back up....so you can eat more. Eating three cookies and birching about it is just plain stupid.

The comment about "She's pretty....but her thighs touch" kinda hurts my heart. I'm very self-conscious about mythings and am having a heeelllll of a time trimming them down...at all...the things just won't budge, man. I wish people realized how hurtful they can be when they say things like that...
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I love other people's ignorance, I think it's hilarious.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey now, oatmeal IS ew.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love this!!
    I must admit I chuckle when I hear people complain about parking far away at the gym...... sorry you had to walk? lol
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I kinda get the oatmeal thing... It's not for everyone. I've made myself deal with it, but the texture is just....it's like snot. And that grosses me out.

As for binging....three cookies is like a normal day. Binging is when you keep drinking water between bites while eating an entire box (or two) of cookies because you know that'll make them easier to get back up....so you can eat more. Eating three cookies and birching about it is just plain stupid.

The comment about "She's pretty....but her thighs touch" kinda hurts my heart. I'm very self-conscious about mythings and am having a heeelllll of a time trimming them down...at all...the things just won't budge, man. I wish people realized how hurtful they can be when they say things like that...

People often don't even clue into the fact that what they say is hurtful. My own sister sometimes says things without thinking and doesn't realize how awful I feel about it after.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This guy was hitting on me at the bar. I wasn't interested, so he started on my sister, who is the same size as me ( about 150lbs and 5'1'') His friend comes up and says " Dude, there is this HOT chick over there, I want to talk to her." Like he needs this guy's permission. He then says ( the guy hitting onmy sister)" She is cute, but dude, way too thick." I flip my *kitten* around to see this chick. THE ONLY OTHER CHICK IN THE BAR at the time.. She was MAYBE a size 0 on a bad day... This girl couldn't look thick soaked in maple syrup. my sister and I just got up and walked off..