Sunflower Seeds

Options
Anybody use raw Sunflower Seeds in thier diet? I've heard they can be good for you but like any other nut can't have too much of them in 1 day.. (and let the puns begin).. lol

Replies

• javajinny
    Options
    I have a tablespoon or two on my salad once a week. They're super tastey and I can tell a difference in my energy level when I eat nuts.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I eat them. They are great when you feel like snacking if you get the ones that have the shells since it takes longer to eat.

Nothing really special about them. The only way you would have too many of them would be if you ate enough to go over your calories.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    they are amazing for pms or hormonal headaches! I get really bad head aches around that time like cant get out of bed head aches and my aunt gave me some from watching some Dr show and they really made it go away! like better than advil.. also there healthy so i was just munch on them an not worry about it ;) i love nuts! look at my name.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If I'm gong to eat sunflower seeds, they'll be roasted and salted. TYVM :bigsmile:
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    A serving is 1/4 of a cup and when you buy the ones shelled you pour them into the measuring cup you'd be surprised at how many there are in the cup! A LOT!!! As long as you measure, count them in your daily food intake, go for it. Do you need to eat them every day? No. Can you? Sure. Just include them like anything else.

I don't find depriving myself of something a good way to go. I eat foods I like, but I also measure everything so I am understanding better what A SERVING truly looks like.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    thats great christie, thats a really smart way to look at things! i need to think more like you
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    that's why i just buy the NON shelled ones and either: eat them dry, mix with salad, or mix in with greek yogurt.

Thanks for all the tips you nutty posters!.. ha ha
  • scottal07
    scottal07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I LOVE sunflower seed butter! I am doing Whole30 and I can't eat peanut butter. I found that and it has a great taste! I like to eat it alone or with a banana/apple/everything good!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I love sunflower seeds and eat them on almost daily basis, mostly in my salads. I could not live without nuts or nut butters but I do have to measure them and count them into my daily intake or I'd definitely go overboard!
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein bars and put them in along with chia, hemp, and sesame seeds!