I am allowing myself...

Options
Tonight is this bbq I forgot all about and I'm allowing myself one sausage.

..I'm thinking about just ditching the bun, chopping it up into slices and having salad with it....Unless you guys know of a good hot dog/ sausage bun I could buy in advance! Any ideas ? Or should I just skip the bun all together? (and yes, I plan on doing extra physical work afterwords to make up for it haha) thanks guys :)

Replies

• KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just skip the bun and enjoy the sausage with a salad! Bread is overrated anyway...lol
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Not sure what calorie limit you are trying to stay within, but there are a lot of low cal or "lite" buns available out there.
  • michelegalluppi
    Options
    Skip the bun !!:smile:
  • jmlopez1969
    jmlopez1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you dont mind having it in a slice of bread instead of a bun, Sara lee makes a 45 calorie slice of bread that tastes great. I sometimes use this for a hamburger instead of a bun.
  • lsmith78
    lsmith78 Posts: 4
    Options
    Skip the bun and enjoy the sausage :) You'll enjoy the sausage so much I doubt you will even miss the bread :)
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i think wonder has a 100 cal bun but if you can't find it, your original plan sounds good and delish.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i would skip the bun and just have the stuff in the salad... you can add some corn to it too! I do that with steak once in a while and a dijion-light mayo-balsamic dressing. i love it!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I would skip the bun even if you have the calories to eat it. You can use those calories for something else :smile: I skip the bun quite often

Well...unless you REALLY want the bun lol
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I cut it in half length wise and put it on a 110 calorie thomas everything bagel thin.................mmmm
  • missy101
    missy101 Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree too...skip the bun and just enjoy the sausage. That's the best part anyway and you could save the calories for something else at the bbq as a treat!
  • amillionmegs
    amillionmegs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    haha thanks for all the ideas and advice guys.... majority rules.. looks like im skipping the bun!

Thanks MFP's :)