Silly Gym Question

Options
Why do people wear baseball caps at the gym? Did I miss something?

Replies

• guzzlingil
    Options
    I do....but I usually wear one everywhere outside of work......
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I wear one to keep my hair out of my eyes... Either that or a headband.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I know a few men with receding hairlines who wear one whenever possible.

Then there is that certain look from college days

Girls that do it usually seem to coordinated with their outfit

Every once in a great while, I have seen people with one that relates to their work or team sport, so it can also be an identity thing.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I sweat too much to wear a hat to the gym lol but when I run outside I occasionally wear one as it helps me to avoid making eye contact with people... so there's one reason.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That sounds reasonable. I'm just always so HOT in the gym I can't imagine putting something on my head and not allowing that heat to escape lol.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    to keep the sweat from dripping down from their head
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Sweat or baldness issues are the only things I can think of....
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Okay.. Sweat and baldness are reasonable for hats in the gym.

Riddle me this, friends.

Sunglasses, in the gym, at 630pm in December.. I'm in Canada, so it's usually dark by then in the winter.

Go.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

Riddle me this, friends.

Sunglasses, in the gym, at 630pm in December.. I'm in Canada, so it's usually dark by then in the winter.

Go.

Hangover.
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Riddle me this, friends.

Go.

Hangover.

Bahahahaha... Best answer ever.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    keeps the sweat from running down your forehead into your eyes, another alternative to the sweatband....
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sweat for one thing - another is bed hair. Do you want to shower and do your hair before going to the gym, and then again after???? Not me - bad hair day is baseball cap day!
  • guyknight1963
    Options
    It has been my experience that MEN wear hats to cover baldness or because they are a huge Sports fan and need everyone to know it. I think most WOMEN wear hats to cover the fact that they didn't wash thier hair yesterday.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I wear a visor when I am running on the treadmill, or when I do any cardio. It keeps the sweat out of my eyes.
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    when the roots start showing
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend wears one instead of a sweatband.

He also can't put any product in his hair or it'll melt down his face while he's working out, so the hat just makes life easier.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I saw someone with a coat on the other day, not a zip up top of jumper (which I still find odd) but a thick coat :-/ I also saw someone in superhero pyjama pants... legend!!
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    But the weirdest was a girl in marathon style pants and crop bra thing... nothing to the imagination... very awkward, even for the guys as so revealing. She did have a lovely body though but was almost a bikini lol
  • CourtAtkins
    CourtAtkins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I almost always wear a hat which seems to be more of a rarity for us women out there. My reasons are...

1) I hate it when sweat is dripping everywhere constantly; the hat helps control this a bit more but on a really intense workout it will still drip some.

2) I have naturally curly hair so when I sweat it's not pretty (picture Monica's hair on FRIENDS when they go to Barbados). Not something other people should have to bare witness to!

Those are my reasons...
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Some gyms don't allow sweat bands or doo rags, so baseball caps have to suffice.