bodybuilding.com or other strength training program tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What are your plateauing at? Your lifts?

My weight loss. And then I feel like I run out of exercises to do and the ones I do don't make me feel like I'm working hard enough even when I do it so that it's extremely difficult to complete the last few reps.

If your weight loss has stalled you need to look at your diet.

Do you have access to a gym?

Yes I go to the gym a minimum of 6 days a week. My diet is very healthy. I have lost 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks so I guess my weight loss hasn't really stalled lately, but it does every few months...I'll lose a decent amount of weight and then none or gain some for awhile. My diet is mainly veggies and protein and complex carbs. Maybe I'm just impatient! But basically I just want to take my weight training to the next level.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What are your plateauing at? Your lifts?

My weight loss. And then I feel like I run out of exercises to do and the ones I do don't make me feel like I'm working hard enough even when I do it so that it's extremely difficult to complete the last few reps.

If your weight loss has stalled you need to look at your diet.

Do you have access to a gym?

Yes I go to the gym a minimum of 6 days a week. My diet is very healthy. I have lost 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks so I guess my weight loss hasn't really stalled lately, but it does every few months...I'll lose a decent amount of weight and then none or gain some for awhile. My diet is mainly veggies and protein and complex carbs. Maybe I'm just impatient! But basically I just want to take my weight training to the next level.

10lb in 6 weeks is actually quick. You do not have much to go. Weight loss is not linear as it gets masked by water weight fluctuations.

Regarding lifting, I would do a good 3 x full body weight workout that includes progressive loading.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've done the Bizzy Diet, Jamie Eason's Live Fit, and part of Lee Labrada's lean body trainer. All excellent programs that I really enjoyed doing :)

Did you use all the supplements? I am not really into taking protein gels and pills and stuff so I am just sticking to my usual diet which is pretty healthy, mainly veggies and protein, and taking my usual Omega 3s. I'm not trying to lose 20 pounds in 21 days or anything like they say you can...I'm just trying to switch up my weight routine to keep my body guessing and building more muscle. Hope it works!

I didn't use any of his supplements. I continued taking protein powder and the CLA I was already taking, I did Bizzy after LiveFit and I found the change of pace really refreshing:)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last day of the first phase of the Live Fit trainer. I like it. It got me to broaden my horizons a little and try some new exercises. I do take vitamins and protein powder and started on some fish oil but I don't buy it from BB. I've been putting protein into my oatmeal and stuff for years and then I figured that the vitamins and fish oil couldn't hurt. I haven't really been following the diet, I'm more using MFP for that aspect though I do plan on cutting back on carbs a bit. My weight hasn't changed but I do look better and am lifting a good bit more than when I started. Hoping to drop some weight when I add cardio back in in the next phase.

If nothing else, I think BB is pretty awesome for recording workouts and tracking progress. I'll probably do stronglifts next since I want to focus a little more on getting stronger. Anyway, the livefit program is probably not absolutely the most effective workout EVAR but it's a good place to start and is getting me in the habit of getting my butt into the gym.
  • courtneywiens
    Options
    i'm on day 2 of the bizzy workout plan and so far so good. it is as challenging as you make it i guess, with how it is structured (20 minutes of high intensity interval training, then 2 sets of 20 reps of 5 exercises, then 10 minutes of low/high intensity cardio, then 2 more sets of 20 reps of the same 5 exercises; there is workout a for upper body and workout b for lower body), so the amount of weights you use and how far you push yourself really can make it challenging. it seems pretty simple because the exercises are simple but i think it'll be effective to change things up, if nothing else than to change up my 3 sets of 12 that i usually do.

anyone else do this plan or any others on the bodybuilding.com site?
  • teenio7
    teenio7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started the Bizzy diet plan yesterday. Today is day 2 for me. I kept restarting Livefit and got bored with it. I'm hoping this will help me change things up.
  • janous_g
    Options
    Hi, i am starting a new diet program and curious about what other people are doing? Are you doing the buzzy diet stack or a different type of diet?
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933

There's been hundreds of people on that site that have used that program to great success. That routine and a calorie deficit diet will do wonders.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    you should check out Elliott Hulse on youtube, he has some really good intel about lifting and different variations of programs, he really upped my game
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Bump
  • courtneywiens
    Options
    I started the Bizzy diet plan yesterday. Today is day 2 for me. I kept restarting Livefit and got bored with it. I'm hoping this will help me change things up.

I tested it out for 2 days last week to make sure I got the workout form right and I'm starting officially tomorrow because of how the workout days are scheduled and how it fits with my schedule. I'm excited to see the results! The two days I tested it out were really challenging!
  • courtneywiens
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on Elliott Hulse! Great stuff!!