28 days later..

Options
astylla
astylla Posts: 118 Member
Here I am..28 days later after beginning my journey to a new me..25 days on MFP..and I have accomplished things I never imagined possible. I have found an outpouring if support and people like "me". I no longer feel alone and to someone who has spent the majority of her life in the shadows , that's a huge deal.

I had a major scare at the doctor back in early January..I tipped the scale at 297 pounds..my highest ever. This was with very light clothing so I estimated without about 295..still a scary number. I nearly left the office in tears..my husband trying to comfort me but also struggling on his own too. I knew something had to change.

One Sunday we visited a gym..had a tour..and signed up that day. I stopped drinking soda and stopped eating fast food. Per the recommendation of my doctor due to PCOS I am following a low carb meal plan and feel amazing. I also started the 30 day shred and have lost around 5.5 inches in my waist so far.

That was 28 days ago.

SW : 295
CW: 281.7
GW: 135

This photo was taken in late December when I estimate to be around 297 :

macaroni_zpsa1e5f965.jpg

Taken last night at 281.7 :

034_zps815ca014.jpg

It may not seem like a big change but I wanted to share my success and let everyone know it IS possible. Thanks to all my amazing MFP friends for your support and encouraging stories.

Replies

• hreu213
    Options
    AWESOME! What a success for a mere month, you have done very well and should feel very proud of yourself!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I can definitely see the loss in your face! Keep up the hard work. You're doing fantastic!
  • lamomandwife12
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work! =)
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    I am SOOOOO proud of you, and I am grateful to be your friend :). You inspire me every single day!!!!
  • guzzlingil
    Options
    great start!!!!!
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey, that is a great success for only a month! Keep up the hard work! Congratulations!
  • pscyoryda
    Options
    I feel like repeating what they have said... AWSOME!!! keep it up!
  • Tforbes7430
    Options
    I was you last year @ my highest weight 297. Today I am prod to say that I am 230lbs. Great job!!!!
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can definitely see a change! I am so impressed with your work so far. I have a strong sense that you will be spiraling upward into a completely new, healthy, you. And it's great that your husband is doing it with you. My husband and I started MFP in July - we have each lost about 40 pounds!! I hope you keep posting - I look forward to seeing your future successes.
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love the avengers shirt!
  • belle19822000
    belle19822000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good job!

It shows, and keep at it! :flowerforyou:
  • fwilson1031
    Options
    Congrats,keep it up! BTW, love the shirt!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Great progress and dont give up even if the weight loss slows just keep at it!!!
  • arcticbutterfly
    arcticbutterfly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! KEEP GOING!
  • ASarioglou
    ASarioglou Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing...Keep up the great work. Very impressive!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    keep up the hard work - you look fantastic!
  • cbteegardin
    cbteegardin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an impressive loss in only a month! Keep it up...you are doing well! Take care.
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's an amazing loss for such a short amount of time! Hang in there and stay strong!! :drinker:
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    awesome. your on the way :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!