First day on MyFitnessPal.

Options
Hello forum:

I joined MyFitnessPal today as part of my company's "Biggest Loser" competition, which started on Monday & run through April 15, 2013.

I am 39 years old, a former competitive swimmer & sometime triathlete, now about 40 pounds overweight. I have tried losing weight many times before with mixed success. I know that logging my food intake is super-helpful, so I'm going to try again using this website. I like the iPhone app, especially the barcode scanner.

Replies

• WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like!
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Angeledge a good step in the right direction.
  • cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! Good luck with your contest, you can do it :)
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The good thing is that you know what it takes from your swimming days etc. You can do it again. Best of luck and you (as can anyone) always feel free do add me. I am on here often and track my food almost everyday.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Best of luck dear, you can do this, if you really want it bad enough
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You've taken a great first step joining this group. So many awesome & helpful people.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck!! You are going to do great! And if you start getting frustrated, read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857137-for-the-newbies-here-is-what-losing-80-pounds-is-like
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Do you work for Visa?!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Logging calories and exercise will fall into an easy routine before you know it. If you want to track your steps, calories burned, and even sleep, you can even purchase FitBit or BodyMedia (what I use). The device syncs with MFP as well. Stay committed to MFP, and you'll see weight loss in no time! :)
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi angledge! Welcome! Best of luck with your work here and in your competition at work!

*edit*

i am 37 (idk why my profile is off by 1 year) and trying to lose 55lbs. started last week!

all are welcome to add me!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for over 740 days! Feel free to add me...I will do my best to encourage and motivate!!
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!! :-)

Good luck & if i can help just ask.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck!! You are going to do great! And if you start getting frustrated, read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857137-for-the-newbies-here-is-what-losing-80-pounds-is-like

Welcome to the site. The above was very inspiring and very true for a lot of my journey so far.
  • alwalker01
    alwalker01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Joining is the best thing ever. I LOVE MFP and you will too...:smile:
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. The website has been an amazing tool for me in losing weight. The community in general is awesome. Good luck to you.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me. :bigsmile:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track. I've lost 50 pounds using MFP (my ticker lies!) over two years... I took it nice and slowly. But I've kept it off for two years too! :) You're in the right place for support and help. I still track even though I'm at goal because it keeps me accountable, although now I mostly make sure I'm doing my exercise!

Feel free to add me and I will totally give you whatever motivation or support you need!
  • makieo
    makieo Posts: 16
    Options
    Thats Awesome!!!!! You won't regret this. It is an amazing site to give and get support from people with the same goals in mind. Keep it up!! :)
  • mamaskully
    mamaskully Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is the greatest support site! Logging every day makes you accountable for what you eat and do durning the day. You will be surprised at little you realized you ate in a day, I know I sure did.
    You are welcome to add me although I don't comment as often as some of the others do.
    Good Luck!