15 things to give up!

Options
Hi everyone!

I came across this today and thought I would share :)

1. Doubting yourself
2.Negative Thinking
3. Fear of Failure
4.Destructive Relationships
5. Gossiping
6. Criticizing Yourself and Others
7. Anger
8. Comfort Eating
9. Laziness
10. Negative Self Talk
11. Procrastination
12. Fear of Success
13. Anything Excessive
14. People Pleasing
15. Putting other needs before you own.

A lot of this, if not all, play a big part in being successful through your weight loss journey, and your lifestyle. So don't be afraid to dip your toes into something you've always wanted to do. Don't talk yourself out of taking your first Zumba class because you're worried how you'll look. Don't talk bad to yourself. You are worth it! Who cares how much you have to lose, you can lose it! Don't focus on the big picture. Take it day by day. and make mini goals! Don't let your anger get the best of you. Take a breath, and move on from it.

You can achieve your goals!!

Replies

• fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational - thank you!!

One day at a time thing used to sound so cheesy to me and now I'm practically living by it with such a busy schedule! I've done my best to get rid of destructive relationships, and even though sometimes I miss those people I know it's for the better that I don't have them around. Not only would they sabotage my diet but they'd make me feel so lame and uncool because all they wanted to do was drink and go out clubbing, whereas I'm more of a stay-at-home and watch movies kind of person. I've recently begun saying positive things about myself, especially when I am thinking of saying something negative, and while I'll listen to others gossip, I try not to take sides or talk down anyone.

Thank you :D
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nice!
    I agree 100%! You are a great inspiration yourself and passing this is on to help others just proves it more!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • sjstick
    sjstick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nice list. Just copied and pasted to an email I sent myself. Great words to live by.

Thanks
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    I just took my first Zumba class!
    Your post is so true.
    Thanks
  • tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1. Doubting yourself
    NOT GUILTY
    2.Negative Thinking
    Guilty
    3. Fear of Failure
    NOT GUILTY
    Guilty
    5. Gossiping
    NOT GUILTY
    NOT GUILTY
    7. Anger
    NOT GUILTY
    8. Comfort Eating
    NOT GUILTY
    9. Laziness
    Guilty
    10. Negative Self Talk
    Guilty
    11. Procrastination
    Guilty
    12. Fear of Success
    NOT GUILTY
    13. Anything Excessive
    NOT GUILTY
    14. People Pleasing
    Very Guilty
    15. Putting other needs before you own. ---- Very Guilty

8/15 not too bad, but I owe it to myself to get to 15/15
    Thanks for this I like the list.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1. Doubting yourself
    2.Negative Thinking
    3. Fear of Failure
    5. Gossiping
    7. Anger
    8. Comfort Eating
    9. Laziness
    10. Negative Self Talk
    11. Procrastination
    12. Fear of Success
    13. Anything Excessive
    14. People Pleasing

A lot of these things have played a large part in my life, but I am so ready to give them up. Thanks for posting.
  • montlucia
    Options
    Such a good post. I actually resolved some my issues with people pleasing through the blog BaggageReclaim,com (it's such a good site, although it's mostly dating-related and how to avoid destructive relationships).

The fear of failure/success and procrastination are all big for me and come out of my perfectionism so I have to keep that in check with this whole weight loss stuff.
  • samygirl928
    samygirl928 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting/ sharing. ^_^ This is definitely things that should be given up... and I will definitely try giving up them, especially comfort eating and procrastination! :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    1. Doubting yourself
    2.Negative Thinking
    3. Fear of Failure
    5. Gossiping
    7. Anger
    8. Comfort Eating
    9. Laziness
    10. Negative Self Talk
    11. Procrastination
    12. Fear of Success
    13. Anything Excessive
    14. People Pleasing
    I disagree. All of those things except #4 have their own place and time and like most things are better when applied in moderation and in the right circumstances.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    1. Doubting yourself
    2.Negative Thinking
    3. Fear of Failure
    5. Gossiping
    7. Anger
    8. Comfort Eating
    9. Laziness
    10. Negative Self Talk
    11. Procrastination
    12. Fear of Success
    13. Anything Excessive
    14. People Pleasing
    I disagree. All of those things except #4 have their own place and time and like most things are better when applied in moderation and in the right circumstances.

True, but I don't think there is ever a time and place to doubt yourself or talk negative to yourself. Also, a fear of success? Not good either. Some yes, could be applied with moderation, but I think more than just #4:smile:
  • agentprentiss
    Options
    I love this post. Thank you for sharing!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    1. Doubting yourself
    2.Negative Thinking
    3. Fear of Failure
    5. Gossiping
    7. Anger
    8. Comfort Eating
    9. Laziness
    10. Negative Self Talk
    11. Procrastination
    12. Fear of Success
    13. Anything Excessive
    14. People Pleasing

True, but I don't think there is ever a time and place to doubt yourself or talk negative to yourself. Also, a fear of success? Not good either. Some yes, could be applied with moderation, but I think more than just #4:smile:
    People who never doubt themselves, no matter how intelligent they are, inevitably turn into crackpots. Reality checks are necessary. So is self-criticism, if one is ever to improve. Success isn't always what you think it's going to be, and there's a big difference between having fear and being ruled by it.

This list reminds me of when people go from eating anything and everything to trying to eat "perfect" all the time, or going from being drunk all the time to never touching alcohol again. It's just replacing one form of extremism with another form of extremism. IMO it's much better to be mindful of when and why you would be doing the above things and considering whether they are appropriate in that circumstance.
  • Lana359
    Lana359 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm guilty of some these things and need to make a change.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    #15...you must not have kids.

#11...I'll get on that tomorrow.