Wanted: Women 50 - 65 for motivation & support.

Options
Hi. Don't get me wrong while I appreciate any support & motivation from anyone, at 59 I'm sure I have different interests and ideas than that of the younger crowd. I'm currently at 173 and want to be 150 but will be happy with 155. Motivate me, please!

Replies

• Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Have a look at my profile and you are welcome to add me if you like.
    Good luck!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    50 year old at 174 this morning and trying to get to 150! We can do this together! Add me in!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same here
  • jmransom
    Options
    I'm same age amd same weight plus same goal. I have lost 5 pds in 6 weeks. I take one day at a time and just try to make everything balance. It is nice to be able to fit into some of my pants without lying down to get them closed and having to wear a big shirt to cover the overbelly. Just a few pounds will make you feel better and keep you going. I do workout but when I can't get to the gym I walk around the neighborhood.....just keep moving. Do little things and they all add up.
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and weigh 175 trying to get to 160. Add me if you like. My diary is open.
  • manon3
    Options
    Add me as a friend!!! I'm turning 50 next week. I started in October of 2012 and my goal is to lose 114 pounds and I have lost 61 so far. I would to support you!!!!
  • tammytylerjones
    tammytylerjones Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi. Don't get me wrong while I appreciate any support & motivation from anyone, at 59 I'm sure I have different interests and ideas than that of the younger crowd. I'm currently at 173 and want to be 150 but will be happy with 155. Motivate me, please!

HI Lua620!

There is a wonderful group of 50+ women that chat daily... look for the topic Women 50+. I joined about a month ago (I'm 52) and I really like sharing common issues and getting great support! Look us up!
    Tammy
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 53 (54 this summer). Have lots of opinions about this menopause and how it affects our bodies. :( Was 160 at Christmas (for the second time) so this year is about getting it down to 140 and perhaps keeping it there. Currently as 154 lbs....so 7 lbs down in the 5 weeks that I have been journaling on MFP. I work in admin at a recreation facility, so have lots of fitness educated people that I talk to. Since Sept 2011 have been having a Personal Trainer design programs for me. But not until I added MFP and focussed on counting calories, did the pounds budge. Now I am losing pounds AND inches, and muscle definition is coming along. So much happier. Jamaica bound on April 4...so hope I can shed another 7 pounds by then. Add me as your friend if you would like to share this journey.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Looking for the same.. just turned 51, at 191 lbs. Lost 11 lbs have 40 more lbs to go! Anyone... please feel free to add me! Thank you & good luck to you all! :flowerforyou:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi...so far I get to claim "oldest"! I'm 63 and would also like to make it to 150, however I'm open to a little higher number. It's all good when it's less than before. You sound motivated but add me if you would like another cheerleader!
  • LizzieLouAnne
    LizzieLouAnne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 52.

I am on day 12 and lost 6lbs. Im 223 now and have a long way to go.

I always hated counting calories but find this an absolute god send.

Loving everyones stories and motivational pictures.

Lizzie
  • annienewme
    annienewme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy I am new here, and know nothing about the forums etc yet, but would be happy to chat with you about our progress.. I am aged 62, and need to lose at least 4 stone, so its going to be a long journey for me.

I've decided to do the 5-2 way of eating, and on other 5 days, restrict myself to 1500 for now.

Can anyone tell me, is there a way of seeing what you've eaten over a whole 7 days, instead of just per day?

Thanks, and good luck to you Tammy and all newbies
  • JonnySmith0248
    JonnySmith0248 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am just recently turned 50. Four years ago I lost 65 lbs and I am currently 20 lbs over my goal weight and I really want to get back there. 135 lbs is my goal....Haven't decided if I want to try and keep my weight between 135 and 140 or 130 and 135 LOL!! I am 5"6". I am going to send you all friend requests, but if you don't want to add me thats okay to =) Happy Losing!!
  • mitchkc
    Options
    Hi! I'm 56 and 5'10" trying to get back to my ideal 130 lbs. I'm currently 158 and need :smile: motivation and accountability. I'd love to be a part of your group!
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 in August and want to lose 22lbs by the (down 9 so far). I really want to get fit by then too. Do add me if you like
  • lua620
    lua620 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you all for responding. So glad to meet all of you here and also the other very popular 50+ thread.. Together we can do this. I should not have labled my topic 50 - 65, it should have read 50+. Didn't mean to imply that I only wanted to meet people in that 15 year range, I'm sure all of us over 50 struggle.

Have a good night all and happy calorie counting.

LuAnn
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Motivate me, please!

People can advise and support and encourage, but motivation comes from yourself.
  • pamlaney
    Options
    Feel free to check my profile and add me if you'd like to. I am 52 years young and have lost 59 pounds since I joined in June 2012. :smile:
  • Sandyfergie
    Options
    Hello! I am 50 and working to get the rest of my weight off. I have lost 75 pounds in a 2 year time period. I have decided to work hard and loose the rest of the weight. It's a 100 pounds to go. I am walking in the morning and in the afternoon with my elderly dog at night.