Moving to San Diego, CA!

Options
Hi all! My husband and I are moving to San Diego, CA in early April.

I love being outdoors and playing in the sun. We want to be really active and always doing something. I'd like to get there with a few supportive people in mind who know the area and its best features.

SO, that being said, please add me!! Either as a supportive source or workout buddy or just a friend! Hell, I'll even take TONS of advice on where to live, what to do, gyms, etc!!

Thanks alot!

Replies

• SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • mdyorston
    Options
    Sorry I'm in Jersey but I just wanted to say I'm super jealous!
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    If you are a runner you will LOVE San Diego! Actually, you will love it for pretty much every reason :bigsmile:
  • SaraBelle0312
    Options
    Thanks! I heard it NEVER RAINS!!

:cry: I love the rain!

BUT I also love mountains, hills, water and everything else awesome that it has to offer!
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Take me with you....that's all I have! LOL! Sounds awesome.
  • SaraBelle0312
    Options
    LOL, I wish! You are definitely more than welcome to visit!
  • SaraBelle0312
    Options
    So does anyone live in San Diego? Or are they so active that they don't read MFP Posts :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    The weather is beautiful there! Have fun!
  • Obey46
    Obey46 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What part of SD are you moving too? Feel free to ADD, I'm in the northern part.
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I was born in SD. was there til I was 14. Mission Bay and Pacific beach were always good areas. Lots of places to walk.
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just saw where you live in Jacksonville, Fl. Thats so funny cause when we left San Diego in 1984, thats where we moved. I lived in Jacksonville until 2008.
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm from San Diego, but live in Orange County now. Depending on where you will live, I think you will find it a great place to live and be active! I love hiking, walking/running on the beach, and generally enjoying outdoor exercise. I do visit SD frequently and will be doing a 5k in SD county in April!
  • SaraBelle0312
    Options
    I'm moving to either La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Mission Bay, or Point Loma.

Thanks for the responses!

I am super nervous! I have only ever lived in the South/East Coast.
  • Obey46
    Obey46 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You'll enjoy the weather. I'm originally from North Florida and now I never wan't to move out of Cali.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Lived in San Diego for about a dozen years. Beautiful city and plenty to do! We lived in Mira Mesa, Mission Valley, and near downtown during our years there. It does rain, the "rainy" season is from Nov-March-ish, but it's not like it's constant or anything.
    But yes, the temps & weather are wonderful. It's been awhile since we were there, but check:

San Diego Zoo-we had passes, so we went often
    San Diego Wild Animal Park
    Sea World
    Seaport Village

I hope it is still as nice for you as I remember it to be. Good luck with your move!

P.S. I was born/raised on the East Coast & understand your nervousness, but I think you're going to love it there.