Butter?

Options
PamGeirng
PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
I love butter but I am trying to stay away from it because I like it a little too much - I refuse to eat margarine or fake butters but I am missing toast. What do you eat on your toast??

Replies

• jennapflumm
    Options
    if u wont do a fake butter, lol, you can do almond butter or peanut butter, a good one that's really low cal is some sugar free black berry jam (its like 10calories per tablespoon, and it doesnt taste sugar free) , another thing is a laughing cow cream cheese wedge, they are all around 35calories and they have a cinnamon flavor for sweet, garden vegie for savory or regular for creamy
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Butter. Just use less of it. To be honest, though, toast is a once-in-a-while treat for me. Bread is one of those things I have to stay away from as much as possible. Butter is best - or peanut butter, or coconut oil.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love butter but I am trying to stay away from it because I like it a little too much - I refuse to eat margarine or fake butters but I am missing toast. What do you eat on your toast??

I eat butter and jelly on my toast. I just measure it out carefully.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Butter is the only thing that I think tastes really good on bread. So eat butter there. Use olive oil in salads and cooking. Just log it and account for it in your calorie budget.
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just use less of it and measure it very carefully. Like you I refuse to eat margarine just do to not know whats in it or what it could do to my kids.
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I didnt think about skinny cow cheese. Thanks! I like to eat a pretty low fat diet so this will work :happy:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I use Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil Spread.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Why cut it, just find a way to keep it in your daily food budget. No reason to let it go if you like having it :)
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Err I eat butter on my toast.

Maybe try just using less? Don't cut it out if you love it...just learn to use it a bit more um..sparingly :)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I still use butter, but less... It's better for you than the fake stuff, in moderation of course.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I just use a bit of butter. If I'm trying to be really careful I will spread it on one side and press two pieces together so there is a bit on both! :laugh: I weight it and just make sure I keep within my daily limits.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I freakin' love butter and hate margarine. On my toast I either:

a) just make sure I have enough calories left to account for it OR
    b) eat it with Brummel & Brown spread instead ... it's acutally pretty good. :smile:
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    A drizzle of olive oil?

Or just light philadelphia soft cheese?
  • dianaroza
    Options
    Olive oil is great on toast and its good for you. Smart balance is great too and has the same consistency as real butter and is great to cook with as well:)
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use country crock light butter but use it sparingly.
  • tracysharpmack
    tracysharpmack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use Brummel & Brown yogurt spread
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Just use less butter, a tsp only has 35 calories.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I use Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil Spread.
    This stuff actually tastes pretty good--I've been using it for a while. But sometimes, I just go with butter.
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I generally crush a raw garlic pod, add some olive oil and salt and spread this on the bread and toast it in oven. It smells and tastes heavenly! But not in the mornings, I wouldn't want to reach office smelling of garlic!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I can't eat toast; but I do eat butter with my eggs. :D

Continuing on that note, fried bacon grease spread on toast would taste great, I imagine. Along with the bacon, of course.