Anyone got any detox ideas? Would love some help!

So it was my birthday a week ago and I decided that I wanted to take a week off rather than a day as I have been doing a lot of travelling recently and I also wanted to chill out a bit! Anyway, over indulging and eating basically everything in sight has left me feeling extremely bloated and I'm sure I've gained a LOT of water weight as I feel a lot heavier as well. In order to get back on track I'm thinking of detoxing for a few days, maybe a week or so and I would love it if people could give me some ideas as to what I could eat/drink during my detox. I was thinking of slim fast milkshakes but I'd love to hear your ideas :)

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Does your lymphatic system not operate properly?
  • Antjebeth08
    Antjebeth08 Posts: 42 Member
    I don't care is it's good or bad for me but I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 14 day cleanse and burn as a bit of a detox/cleanse. One week in and it has definitely lessened my water weight and bloat.
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Go to the clean program and check out some of their meal ideas.

Things I made were:

soups:
    apple and celeriac
    carrot and fennel
    pear and parsnip
    beet and coconut thai soup

meals:
    sauteed bok choy with cashews
    baked rice balls (use cooked red/brown rice, add tumeric, cumin, salt, pepper, etc and caramalized onions, garlic + ground flax, mash up with food processer, roll in ground flax seed, then bake on a rack in oven, dip in homemade almond peanut sauce -> soooo gooood)
    vegan oven falafels (same sort of idea as rice balls but with chick peas)

shakes:
    malted milk shake
    apple pie shake (http://forestfeasts.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/apple-pie-shake-the-start-of-the-clean-cleanse/)
    peach cobbler shake

There are so many ideas! I found it was easier to make meals thinking of what i COULD eat, rather than what i could NOT eat.
  • truebeliever93
    truebeliever93 Posts: 19 Member

I've never raised this issue with a doctor but I'm sure I have some sort of problem that leads to excessive bloating!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member

I've never raised this issue with a doctor but I'm sure I have some sort of problem that leads to excessive bloating!
    You might have a GI tract problem.

The body does not need to be detoxed. But if you want to go on a short fast to take a break from food, try healthy broths, light soups, and freshly made vegetable juices. Drink plenty of water.