Cereal Addict?

Options
cutmd
cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
I think I am one. I always loved cereal (the healthy stuff like kashi, etc), but then it started to bother me. Seems to relate to gluten sensitivity, so I hadn't had cereal (except oatmeal) for almost a year. But I just love crunchy things, and I saw some gluten free flax cereal at whole foods. Tastes great! I forgot how much I love cereal! But now everytime I sit down to eat it I want like 3 servings, and I keep adding them in and subtracting away the rest of my food just to eat it. I am trying to cycle my carbs so I only get cereal every 3 days, but when I do It's like I turn into a monster.

Any one feel me? The right thing to do is probably to not buy it, but it's so delicious, and healthy in moderation... :ohwell:

Replies

• ILUVHORSES
    ILUVHORSES Posts: 12
    Options
    Maybe just eat it as a dessert, like after you have your meal for lunch, measure out a half a cup, or a whole cup and then just eat that serving...that way you are not over carb laoding and you will already be mostly full so u might eat less...just a suggestion! good luck :)
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem...i could go the rest of my life without hvaing icecream or chocolate, or junk...but when it comes to cereal i love it! i do not buy it anymore bceause i could sit down and eat half the box!! (usually just dry). if you find out the root of this problem let me know because i would love to figure out how to eat it in moderation....sorry that was not much help for you good luck!:blushing:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I can't keep cereal around. It is just too easy for me to eat too much of. Even the healthy kind. I didn't gain my excess weight on McDonalds and Coke, mine was just way too much of the "healthy" stuff. Seriously, I can eat BOWLS of uncooked oatmeal and milk like it is going out of style. YUM.

I now try to keep myself limited to oatmeal only and COOKED. If I let myself eat it uncooked, I will just keep going back for more. It is ridiculous.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Look into the NAET technique. It talks about how some underlying "allergies" that people have make them want the item because it makes them feel "normal". My son has Autism and we are doing this treatment because of his demand for carbs. He is now starting to struggle with weight but will not eat anything else. My son goes into complete melt downs over his cereal and Doritos. I think we are single handedly keeping Doritos in business. We now have made it a once a week treat for him as a reward only. It is helping but you need a certified doctor that is familiar with the NAET treatment. Good luck.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: cereal!!!! Everytime I eat it, I want MORE!!! And it does not satisfy me for long. I use it as a late night snack/treat!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! Cereal is so my weakness. I did really good being away from it for a while, but I started up again not too long ago. Now, I try to eat it in moderation. I bring a little to work for breakfast, but not too much. Is it bad to eat healthy stuff everyday, like total or similar heatlhier choices, shreaded mini wheats?????
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I go through at least two boxes of cereal a week.

Now I'm trying to limit myself by only having it as a snack with dried fruit or nuts mixed in.
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just got a new cereal...Trader Joe's Nutty Toffee Clusters... oh god it's almost too much to handle. So delicious. For a while I was only eating Kashi, so this feels like eating dessert for breakfast. I'll have to switch after this.