Help with PB2!

Options

Replies

• wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I use it almost everyday in my protein shakes...
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use it in protein shakes, but I also take some to work to dip my apples in (after I mix some water in). I have also put it in oatmeal and sprinkled it on other things. I love peanut butter but not the calories or fat.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    -- Asian peanut sauces

This is my main use. I mix it w/water, a bit of rice vinegar, Bragg's liquid aminos (instead of soy sauce) and chili flakes and use that as a stir fry sauce. I'll add dried ginger and garlic powder if I don't have that fresh as well.
  • flicka11
    flicka11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just follow the directions on the back, add a little water to it! The water is in place of the oils normally in pb, and I have to tell you, I thought this stuff was great! Have to get more! It mixes up to a very nice, creamy pb when you add the water! You can just measure out whatever the portion size is, and add the water, I would say, although I dont remember the exacts, add about a tablespoon to a tablespoon of the dried pb2. Yummy!!!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!
  • Reikofs
    Reikofs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I add a little unsweetened cocoa powder to it then add a little truvia sweetener. Tastes like reeses peanut butter cup. I have also added some fat free cool whip to make it a chocolate pb mousse.
  • kimmels5
    Options
    I finally bought some PB2.......now what do I do with it?!?! :huh: Suggestions, please!
  • kimmels5
    Options
    I add it to my protein smoothie along with a frozen banana in the morning.
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Spread it on apple slices or a banana.
  • seakittyfish
    seakittyfish Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just follow the directions on the back, add a little water to it! The water is in place of the oils normally in pb, and I have to tell you, I thought this stuff was great! Have to get more! It mixes up to a very nice, creamy pb when you add the water! You can just measure out whatever the portion size is, and add the water, I would say, although I dont remember the exacts, add about a tablespoon to a tablespoon of the dried pb2. Yummy!!!
    Your one tbs to one tbs would make it very thin but sometimes thin is good just depending on what you are using it for. The suggested amount is 2 tbs powder to 1 tbs water. This makes a really good paste (just like regular peanut butter).
    I use both the chocolate flavor peanut butter powder and the regular. Both are great. If I didn't need to watch my weight and how much fat I consumed I would eat regular peanut butter but since I do, this is the very next best thing. I love it. I use it just as you would use regular peanut butter....so many ways, so little time.... :happy:
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Suggestion - try honeyville's powdered PB. i have not tried the regular PB2 so can't comment on it. but the honeyville powdered PB is great. has a few more cals, 60, but it is cheaper. way cheaper if you buy a case. and the cans have a 5-10 yr shelf life. i would eat it on anything. i dip brownies in it, waffles, celery, carrots, on my bread, on EVERYTHINGGGGG!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Is it available in Canada?
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Almond milk + pb2 + vanilla protein powder + frozen banana = bliss.

That's about it for me. I use it in my shakes. Otherwise I prefer real pb.

Add some spinach to that and you get some greens and you won't even taste the spinach!
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about it - I think it's got coconut sugar in it? Way too sweet for me - why did they add that? I prefer organic all natural PB. But I'll do it and get protein elsewhere; less calories and fat.

Get a Fuji apple (they are super sweet) and cut it into slices. Then reconstitute enough powdered PB to be nice and thick. Dip your apple slices into it - a very good snack.

I'm almost through my last jar of powdered PB and I'm not sure I'll really incorporate it into the rotation much.
  • rcloyd5
    rcloyd5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I add it to my spinach smoothie every morning. I also use it by taking a frozen banana and whip it in a a food processor until it is the creamy texture of ice cream. I add the pb2 (mixed with the water). It tastes like peanut butter ice cream...delicious!
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I found it underwhelming. I've only ever tried it mixed into plain Greek Yogurt.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love it in my oatmeal. A tablespoon makes it sooooo creamy, and adds a nice nutty taste. Especially good in the dark chocolate oatmeal from Better Oats.
  • melsfitness
    melsfitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mix it with vanilla sugar free coffee syrup, it taste better than water. Use on apples and in shakes.
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    I put a TBSP of the PB2 powder into the blender with my protein powder, 3 ice cubes, 1 cup of water and a banana for my shake every morning...Love it!