Feeling like I'm going to faint when I stand up?

Options
It's JUST started happening in the past two weeks. Every time I stand up, I have to stand there for a minute while my eyes go dark. I've tried standing up slowly too, and I still get faint. I don't know what's going on. What do you think?

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    It could be low blood pressure.
  • SuperBowlVikings
    SuperBowlVikings Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Under eating is a possibility, maybe up your intake of specific foods that you enjoy and are healthy, if this doesn't help I'd definitely see a doctor :)
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein and drinking enough water?
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    See your doctor. This is not the forum to speculate about something that could be serious.
  • stefanienoel
    stefanienoel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had that happen to me. It was a combination of low blood sugar and a vitamin d deficiency. Definitely get it checked out if it happens on a regular basis.
  • rosaruiz
    rosaruiz Posts: 2
    Options
    I would also guess that you are having too few calories. Happened to me just last week. I was having between 850 and 1100 calories when i should be at about 1500. Went up to about 1200 and am feeling better.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Could be Orthostatic hypotenstion. Here is some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

I do get it occasionally myself. Where I lose vision for a short period of time. But, definitely see a doctor to get an expert opinion. We can't diagnose a problem for you as we aren't medical professionals. :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Could be Orthostatic hypotenstion. Here is some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

I do get it occasionally myself. Where I lose vision for a short period of time. But, definitely see a doctor to get an expert opinion. We can't diagnose a problem for you as we aren't medical professionals. :flowerforyou:

Agreed. This has a variety of causes, go get it checked out asap if it's really bothering you!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Ummm....maybe you should tell your parents about this issue so they can get you in to see your family doctor.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1500 calories a day. I think I'm getting enough protein and water. (I'll have to check my logs to make sure) My mom is a nurse, and honestly, she doesn't seem to concerned about it. I guess I'll ask my dad (he's a doc) to make sure. Hmmm. Thanks anyways guys!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    See your doctor. This is not the forum to speculate about something that could be serious.

THIS.
    If you don't have health insurance, go to one of those CVS clinics. I wouldn't mess around with this AT ALL.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    This happens to me as well. I know I low blood pressure, last time it was checked 106/60 and I do think i have issues with low blood sugar as well. I've never seen a doc about it but let me know what your dad says!
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    This is really weird because 29 pounds ago I had high blood pressure.

kjensen15, I'll talk to him now and see what he says.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am a little confused here by your profile. You are a 21 year old sophomore who wants to be a normal weight teen. I am guessing either your age is wrong or something because at 21 you cannot be a teen again. I know I wanted to go back to being a teen many times, but no one would let me!

All kidding aside I agree to get some medical advice. Your health is not something to mess around with.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Get some medical advice but it could be due to under eating, low blood pressure or low blood sugar (but that normally does not have to do with positioning alone) but is unusual for such a young person.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    I'm 15. :) I don't think MFP would let me sign up at my age; I don't really remember. Maybe 18 was the age limit? Anyways, I think I've just gotten in the habit of making website accounts with 1988 as my year of birth, just in case.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options

THIS.
    If you don't have health insurance, go to one of those CVS clinics. I wouldn't mess around with this AT ALL.

What they said. That's not something that should be ignored