My Body is Achy- Any Relief Ideas?

Options
I have been working out and I have been doing very well, but I have been so achy for the past 3 days. My back and legs are killing me! I have taken 2 extra-strength tylenols yesterday and another 2 today. But this has been a last resort.

I intend to relax when I get home tonight.

My biggest question is if there are any relief ideas for someone confined to a desk while at work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

5141644.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Stretching whenever you can.
  • fabfitme4
    fabfitme4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Get a massage. Even a chair massage to start would ease your aches, pains, help you relax. :smile:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    take a day or two off.

when my muscles are super sore i take an epsom salt bath and try to increase my water intake.

stretch some today.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ice and stretch and/or take a day off are the best things to do when you're hurting. Ice will take some of the pain toxins out of your muscles, at least faster than would happen otherwise. Perhaps, if you don't want to skip a day, change what you're working out and lift on areas that aren't sore or cycle instead of running. Also, I think there might be some teas that have minor pain relief helpers.
  • mynewbug
    mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thank you!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    A couple weeks ago my Biceps were so sore from a workout. I nearly cried every time I had to extend my arm. & someone on MFP suggest pickle juice.
    I thought it was strange but it actually worked.
    Also stretching whenever you can or a warm shower to relax the muscles.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Take a day off for muscle recovery. Drink more water - sometimes I ache like crazy and this helps so much. I get dehydrated and don't even realize it.
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    Drink a toooon of water...it helps flush toxins out of your muscles. Also, stretch and do a lil yoga if you can. The worst thing you can do for a sore back, especially when you've been sedentary all day, is lie around. I work at a desk too, I know how much it sucks :(
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Second Epsom salts bath. And I've read that you should only bath in one for 20 minutes as the toxins pulled from your skin will be reabsorbed after that (dont know if its true, or if toxins can be pulled from skin or whatever, but I figure limiting my bath to 20 minutes wont hurt anything)
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Stretching whenever you can.

This.. Make sure you warm up your muscles do light cardio for 5-10 minutes then stretch so you don't pull anything
  • CandieVH
    Options
    I agree with the epsom salt I get a bath very hot and put in some epsom salt it helps sssooo much. I would also look up a short bedtime yoga routine on you tube. Just that 15 minutes of stretching will help.
  • CrWpTpCacoo
    Options
    My mom, who is a nutritionist, always tells me to eat bananas, or any food high in potassium, when I have muscle aches from exercising. Maybe try doing something light like walking or easy cycling as well. I always find resting completely makes my muscles ache more. =) I hope you feel better soon!
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Stretch and soak in some warm water with Epsom salt...
  • Sweetpickles99
    Options
    Yes Epson salts really help
  • bevwolf1
    Options
    I apologize if someone said bananas but potassium rich foods help too. http://potassiumrichfoods.com/potassium-rich-foods-list/
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Try simply walking for 20 -25 minutes after a tough workout. I heard a long time ago that it helps and it certainly does for me! Also plenty of water and take time to stretch after working out. Epson salts in the bath do help and I believe a good multi vitamin does too.
  • mynewbug
    mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The Epsom salt worked wonders! Thanks everyone!