weight loss

Options
When will the weight loss begin? I've been at this for a month and my weight hasn't moved. I do notice my clothes fitting better, so I'm not giving up.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Your diary isnt open, so we can't make any useful suggestions. We don't know how much you have to lose, or what you are doing to try to lose it, so we can't really help...
  • JessicaPacheco39
    Options
    Dont give up that is a good sign things are going in the right direction:wink:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are getting looser, then you're doing it right. The scale is not always the best way to see how you're doing. Stick with it. Consider taking your measurements and track them as well. It gives you another way to track your progress.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As others have said, if your clothes are fitting better, you're on the right track. Don't go by weight loss. It varies too much, and as you have already seen, it doesn't tell the whole story.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your calorie intake? If not, you should definitely consider tracking your calories accurately and input your exercise to make sure you are consuming less calories than you burn
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    When will the weight loss begin? I've been at this for a month and my weight hasn't moved. I do notice my clothes fitting better, so I'm not giving up.

Depends on amount of weight to lose. Measurements and bf% is the way to base it, if you can.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You must be doing something right. You should start taking measurements. Ive barely lost any weight since Jan the 2nd but im losing in inches. Gonna have to buy a belt to hold my work pants up soon lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

What does the weight matter if your clothes fit better?
  • prwhicks
    prwhicks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are you strength training as well? That could account for some of it too. I try not to find it disheartening when my weight doesn't go down, but when you're trying to add muscle and lose fat at the same time, the numbers might not move as fast as you want them to. The fit of your clothes definitely is the best indicator.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Did you start exercising as well?
  • Lorilori37
    Lorilori37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for the support. I do zumba a lot and one of the videos has weight training that I do every other day. i'll keep my head up.