Getting my *kitten* kicked :(

Options

Replies

• shan056
    Options
    The first time I did an HIIT workout, I could barely get through it. I got pissed everytime I had to stop and would punch my leg to make myself keep going(bad thing to do, but it worked). I kept at it though and now I'm getting through the entire workout without stopping. My heart is pounding at the end, I'm sweating and I feel great because I didn't quit.

Awesome, minus the hitting yourself :) Whats HIIT?
  • zoocrewmom
    Options
    I cheated today on her. I started the 30 day shred and instead of jumping jacks as they were killing me I ran in place... I will be good and not sheat tomorrow... :D
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is the hardest! Keep up with it! I did 7 days of level 1, and by yesterday I felt I wasn't being challenged, so I started level 2. Day 1 I couldn't quite finish all of level 1. The increase to your endurance will amaze you if you stick with it!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training - I did this workout today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3cRRCTREu0 it was . . . Hard
  • shan056
    Options

wow awesome! Thanks for showing me this...I had no clue I could find stuff like this on youtube :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Not sure which one you started but I felt the same way when I started 30 day shred.I got motivated to continue by hearing of the results here,on review sites, and by simply wearing looser clothes.

No I was doing a yoga explosion one. Do you like the 30 day shred? has it worked for you? Good idea about looser clothes. I think my dogs getting in my face wasn't helping either :/

Any time I do floor stuff the dog thinks I am there to play with her...adds to the challenge!

My cat is ok if I'm doing the dvd.She seems to know how long it should take but if I try to do any additional push ups,she gets between me and the floor.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I started a Jillian Micheals DVD today and couldn't even get through half of it. Feeling a little discouraged. Have any of you had the same thing happen and if so how do you motivate yourselves to continue?

I never did the yoga but I did the 30 DS series of her and 6 week 6 pack. Both kicked my butt but if you remain persistent you will get results =)
  • Yooperm35
    Options

wow awesome! Thanks for showing me this...I had no clue I could find stuff like this on youtube :)

BeFit on youtube has lots of videos too. I think they have Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred level 1. I stream the videos through my DVD Player
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It happened to me all the time as an overweight kid, which kept me overweight.

Now, I have a pause button. My best friend during workouts like P90X Plyo X and Yoga X lol

Do your best and forget the rest. I've been working out for over 15 years. This time last year, I couldn't do one military push up, even on my knees. I kept it at no matter how badly I did and the other day I did 8 on my toes and 10 on my knees. B/c I kept at it.

Do a little bit more the next time you work out. JUST KEEP TRYING!!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Im currently doing insanity. The first 3 days I thought I was going to die. It gets better but quitting when it hurts wont get you anywhere, take breaks and come back. If it takes an hiur to do it so be it.
  • dvwilliams1115
    Options
    A month ago when I first started working out again, I could only do 15 minutes of the elliptical, and now I can jog for 8 minutes and speed walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, its all a process. Be happy for yourself that you could get through any of it. Some are not that lucky.
  • knburnam
    Options
    I've found the same thing happens for me! This past tuesday i started jillian's kettle bell workout. she recommends 30 minutes..i made it 20 before my back was hurting. same for her 30 day shred. i figure, a little is better than nothing. i did as much as my body let me on tuesday and trying to do a little more every day. even if it's one minute more. keep working at it, you'll improve! you can only get better if you keep at it right?! that's what i'm trying to think anyways! :D
  • shan056
    Options

Just tried it...wow this kicks jillian micheals. I like it alot more. Only could get through three of the exercises after the intro. Im dead right now. Way harder than my elliptical work out. It works better with my weak shoulder. Great suggestion. Thanks. Do you have anymore good ones?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The first time I did an HIIT workout, I could barely get through it. I got pissed everytime I had to stop and would punch my leg to make myself keep going(bad thing to do, but it worked). I kept at it though and now I'm getting through the entire workout without stopping. My heart is pounding at the end, I'm sweating and I feel great because I didn't quit.

Awesome, minus the hitting yourself :) Whats HIIT?

High Intensity Interval Training. Basically it involves doing high impact moves for a whole minute, then 20 seconds of low impact, then 60 seconds of high. In total, it's a 17 minute workout.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yup. ...keep going!! I could barely get through 30 Day Shred when I first started and I now can do Ripped in 30 Level 4 the same as the athletes in the video unmodified.

I am doing Insanity currently, finished month one, and I never thought I could ever do this. Just keep at it, you WILL get better trust me.
  • shan056
    Options
    just did 3 moves of the HIIT thing....Def need to wear my sneakers for that one! Wow....im hooked. Thanks again ladies :)
  • shan056
    Options
    Yup. ...keep going!! I could barely get through 30 Day Shred when I first started and I now can do Ripped in 30 Level 4 the same as the athletes in the video unmodified.

I am doing Insanity currently, finished month one, and I never thought I could ever do this. Just keep at it, you WILL get better trust me.

Thanks Jules :) Dam! I am impressed with your ability....hopefully I will be there one day! I keep hearing about "insanity" interesting name to say the least. Is it another video based work out? Im guessing it is harder than the jillian micheals one?
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have 30 DS coming in the mail but have been doing HASFIT 15 minute cardio insanity workout I found on youtube. Its rough and really works up a great burn.
  • larosita57
    larosita57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I find the Jillian Michael's workouts challenging - and I've run 5 marathons! I have the Extreme Shed and Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and NTZ. They all leave me sore after a workout! So don't be hard on yourself - you're doing great :)

As for HIIT and Tabata training - I have a Amy Dixon Tabata DVD and...I kinda hate it. Doing the same freakin' set over and over again drives me crazy - but that's just me. I find I get the same effect doing running intervals, and enjoy it more. We all have our exercise preferences. You'll find the one you prefer ;)
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    Just type in HIIT in the search on youtube - you'll find a lot!