My best ever exercise day!

Options
Hi folks

Decided to combine my favourite cardio today, running, swimming and elliptical.

Anyways, wasn't expecting too much after a very tough session on Tuesday BUT

Nailed my 10k in 43 mins 20 secs (a p.b.), swam 2k (a poor 70 mins as swimmers go, gotta learn the front crawl :-D) and finished off with a 10k elliptical interval program on a decent setting (59 mins 45).

Sorry if this sounds like a brag, I've been pretty tough on myself recently so I AM ABSOLUTELY THRILLED!!!!!!!

I know there are many fitter folks out there, but if you need any inspiration, my best friends before New Year were pizza, chinese, beer and cigarettes and the 40+ pounds that came free as part of the deal...

Just polished off a tasty fillet steak and eggs and looking forward to a rest from the cardio tomorrow :smile:

As one of my role models used to tell, 'Remember how good you are!' - and that applies totally to you MFP folks - you're more fun and supportive than my FaceBook buddies :flowerforyou:

Kenny

Replies

• cocacole77
    cocacole77 Posts: 53
    Options
    WAY TO GO! When you work your butt off like that you deserve some bragging rights!!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that is one kick *kitten* workout! I do 4 miles on the treadmill and i'm proud of myself. :laugh: Totally brag-worthy! Get it girl!:heart:
  • PaulP70
    PaulP70 Posts: 7
    Options
    Im also someone who used to love pizza, chinese and smokes! Ive been doing cardio now for 17 weeks and I cant seem to get past running more than a mile. I walk for 60 minutes everyday and somewhere in the middle of that walk I will run a mile. Sometimes half at a time, sometimes a quarter at a time. Today, 18 minutes into my walk I ran an entire mile, but went right back to walking cause I felt winded. How do I get past this and push myself to 1 and a half, two, three miles at a time?
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Rock the F on dude! That is awesome! You are my hero!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    You are a MACHINE!

If the terminator or Daleks ever invade we'll just send you in :laugh:
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic effort Kenny - very inspiring. I've only just begun to learn how to run using the C25K on my iPhone - I'm getting there slowly, but your effort is certainly something worth bragging about. Enjoy your rest day. Are the cigarettes still in the picture?

Kind Regards,

Joy.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!