Went TOO Long

Options
I got caught up in a meeting that went longer than expected and caused me to go 6 HOURS without eatting. By the time I was able to get to food I was shaking because I was so hungry. I went about 400 calories over my goal for the day and shot my exercise because of it.

Ugh ---- I am so frustrated right now and still want to eat more. I chugged a glass of green tea then took a shower thinking that would help as the food settled, but it didin't.

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    happens to all of us. just relax, and eat a normal dinner and breakfast tomorrow and you'll be fine.

:smile:
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Just learn from it. What can you do for next time? It already happened, so relax and just watch as normal.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Terrible... I know how that goes.

Tomorrow will be better. :)
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Been there! I even carry protein bars with me in my briefcase, but it's hard to whip out a bar and munch away in the middle of meeting. And water isn't helping after a few hours!

What I find works when you are starving (which doesn't mean I always do it!), is to eat something higher on the glycemic index like a spoonful of peanut butter or pineapple, or something with really deep, good fats like a handful of nuts. It fills the tummy and calms down the brainwaves until you can fix your meal. Or, eat that protein bar :tongue:
  • UFOGal
    UFOGal Posts: 4
    Options
    When I am really starving and I am at my calorie max I find brushing me teeth really helps. I know sounds weird but it works.

UFOGal
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I get really cranky when work messes up my eating schedule. I just get cranky in general when I'm hungry, when its work that't the cause it's even worse :)
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    quit your job.
    HA! wouldn't that be wonderful! sometimes i wish i could do that! :)

i run into the same problem a lot doing what i do. is there a way to take a cliff bar or a protein or juice shake into your meetings? i learned my lesson after one too many meetings or sessions going long and my group is fairly casual so i can take food in.

i hope you're feeling better today. :flowerforyou: