New Here!

Options
Hi guys. I'm Addrie. I'm 5'9 and 267lbs. I need to lose 108lbs. This is a challenge for me because not only do I have to balance dieting and exercise, I have to try extremely hard not to relapse into an eating disorder. When I was younger, I suffered terribly from bulimia and the abuse of diet pills. I did lose weight but it was terribly unhealthy. Afterwards, I became pregnant and started doing a lot better (this was two months post-recovery). During my pregnancy I gained about 75lbs--which is ridiculous--but I was eating EVERYTHING in sight. I maintained my weight for a while (about 2 yrs) without dieting or exercise. About four months ago, I started exercising again because I was unhappy with my body. I still continued to gain weight. At the time, I was only 214, and then gained a ton more weight while I was exercising. I am now at a point where I am very dedicated and will see this through in a healthy manner. It means more than anything to me and to be able to balance my weight loss goals with my past will be difficult. But I won't give up and I hope that MFP will be able to help me do that.

Thanks for reading! :)
-Addrie

Replies

• Dexidah
    Dexidah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on beating your eating disorder! Your story is very inspiring, and it's good to see people taking initiative and taking interest in getting healthy again.

Good luck and welcome!
  • addreonnaseger
    Options
    Yeah, it was pretty hard. But overcoming it felt SO good--and my body thanks me. :D Thank you for your support!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    you can add me, you have overcome alot and now it is time to be healthy
  • addreonnaseger
    Options
    I'm ready!!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    good luck and welcome!
  • addreonnaseger
    Options
    :3 thank you!
  • DJHudgins
    Options
    Good luck and welcome :). Shoot me a friend invite if you feel inclined to do so. Always looking to give support :)