I Need Success Stories From Women 5'4" and Lost About 50lbs

Options
Hi I've decided to start my weight loss journey today and really want to know if my goals are realistic or need to be change.

I'm 178lbs, 5'4", and pear shaped. I'm 18-years-old and would like to be 125lbs by August.

I would really like to see before and after pictures of women around that height and lost about the same amount of weight. If you can please tell me tell me how long it took for you to loose that weight and how you did it, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Eh I don't fit into that category at all but I find mybodygallery.com inspiring as you can set the height and weight and see pictures of real women.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    In total I've lost about 50 but it's been over a long time going in periods of loss and no loss.
    I'm 5'1" cw: 128 hw: 178
    I don't have any pics on here - I should really put some up!

50lbs by August seems fast BUT honestly any loss is progress
    Just stick with it and you'll get to your goal.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    I am 5'4”. A lot older than you, though! I started at 190. Have lost over 50 pounds. It took me a year, so be patient! I have kept it off for over a year. I have pics on my profile. Not real clear, but you will see a change!
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and have lost over 50 pounds and I will be 51 yrs old tomorrow. It has taken me about a year or so once I decided to really work at it. i watch my portions, try to make better choices, and workout 5-6 days a week. starting weight was 247 current is 182 .. see my profile pic.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm 178lbs, 5'4", and pear shaped. I'm 18-years-old and would like to be 125lbs by August.

I would really like to see before and after pictures of women around that height and lost about the same amount of weight. If you can please tell me tell me how long it took for you to loose that weight and how you did it, I would really appreciate it.

I'm 5'5" and lost 80 pounds in 18 months (averaging a pound a week or 30 pounds every six months). Your goal would require you to lose 2 pounds a week. That's a reasonable amount to lose if you are really disciplined about it, watch your sodium and eat pretty clean. I'm not super disciplined (and I love cheese) so 1 pound a week is more my speed (though it usually ends up being one week I drop 4-5 pounds and then 2-3 weeks I lose nothing).

155682_10151048833381227_1505681435_n_zps7efc601c-1_zps625e168d.jpg
  • Scene_Cutie
    Options
    Thank you so much :3
  • renitawalker9
    Options
    My profile pic is my before/after

I'm 5'2"
    HW 180 (September 2010)
    GW: 130 (April/May 2011)
    CW: 125
    Goal: 3-5% body fat reduction (hovering right around 18-20% tho I get a very different measurement using calipers as opposed to calculators)

My weight loss was sensible. 3-4 days cardio/week. I wasn't calorie counting or anything then. Just eating a plant based diet (tho I'm not saying you have to do that, just what I was doing).
  • rhiannonharding
    rhiannonharding Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence :) I'm 18 now, turning 19 this August and am 5'4.5". I began my weight loss at 17 years old in September 2011 and have lost 46 pounds as of May 2012. I've gone from my highest weight of 181 lbs to my lowest weight of 135 lbs. I've struggled to continue my weight loss and am now at 137 and am hoping to get to 125 within the next couple of months.

Additionally, I've gone from a size L/XL in shirts to a S/XS, gone from a size 10-12 pants to a 4-6, and went from popping out of a 38 DD bra to comfortably fitting a 34 DD (no chest loss, unfortunately for me.. I would have appreciated it! Haha.)

Here are some good before and after photos:

Before:
    axbu3q.jpg

ofu1bc.jpg

After:
    28b72fa.jpg

2q30unb.jpg

Wish you the best of luck :)
  • reginaclay
    reginaclay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'33/4" and I am at 162 pounds. I would like to get down to 125 pounds. I just started this week getting serious about what I am doing. I do agree with another post that by august is kind of fast. I recommend you seriously evaluate your diet and do cardio for at least 60 minutes 5 days a week and resistance at least 2 times a week. The exercise is important, but how successful you are will really depend on your diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!