300 calorie dinner ideas

Options
I am currently trying the 5.2/ fast diet and I'm looking for ideas for 300 calorie dinners. I have tried plain protein ( fish/meat) with steamed veg but this is boring, I need more ideas for interesting food

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Xx

Replies

• Shelly_here
    Shelly_here Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sushi!

I also have a lot of the weight watcher meal on fast days just because they have a reasonable 250-350 calorie range.

xx
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Stuffed jacket sweet potatoes filled with lots of veg, some chicken breast and a little cheese and Greek yoghurt
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    French toast. Use Joseph's bakery lavash for the bread (100 calories each, use two), 1/2 cup of egg whites (70 calories), 2 tbsp So Delicious coconut creamer (20 calories), cinnamon, and splenda. You'll still have 110 calories left so I'd go with oatmeal, 1/4 cup quick oats (70 calories), 1tbsp milled flax seeds (30 calories), and 1/4 cup of unsweeted almond milk (10 calories) with cinnamon and splenda.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    When I'm cutting, these are my staples:

Salads, just keep your dressing minimal or use fresh pico or salsa instead

Omelets/Scrambles, two eggs are only 140 calories leaving lots of room for a variety of veggies plus some meat

Stir Fry, different sauces/marinades helps make just meat and veggies more interesting

Soup, a big bowl of soup feels like a full meal but can still be very minimal in calories.

The best way to keep it low in calories but still feel like you're eating a full meal is to load up on the veggies and use a heavier hand on the herbs and spices for lots of flavor.
  • PapillonKisses
    Options
    A really large bowl of salad with some steamed chicken or turkey. All the fibre from the veg is super filling.

Mix it up with different combinations of fruit/vegetables and low calorie / minimal dressings. If you keep coming up with different combos it won't get boring.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    An egg sandwich. I cook mine over-medium, and eat it on a WG English muffin for 120 calories = 190 total

I like to top mine with tomato, some type of green, cheese or mayo or if I'm feeling extra crazy all of them.
  • sarahmarc
    sarahmarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Homemade chili made with lean turkey:)