Team Beach Body

Options
I am not sure if this has been asked already (which it probably has), but has anyone heard of, or a part of, Team Beach Body? A friend of mine is a coach on it and invited me to the site. It seems a bit overwhelming and even though it's a free site to join, there is a membership component.

Looks like it supports a ton of different fitness programs including the infamous Shakeology.

Is it a bunch of crap? What does it offer that I can't do here?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No seriously, Beachbody has great workouts. BUT...

"Coaches" are only trying to make money off of you. They will get you to "join" the website because it MAKES THEM MONEY. Then they try to get you to buy workouts and supplements that are way overpriced.

Trust me. I *used to be* a coach.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    google AMAZING GRASS i buy the chocolate kind, you will thank me later....
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Free coaching.....and in my experience alot of push to buy their workouts (turbofire, power 90, p90x,turbojam, slim in 6, hiphop abs etc) and to buy Shakeology (meal replacement shake).
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Free coaching.....and in my experience alot of push to buy their workouts (turbofire, power 90, p90x,turbojam, slim in 6, hiphop abs etc) and to buy Shakeology (meal replacement shake).

The coaching is free. But, the full use of the website is not free, and your "coach" gets commission off of you.
  • rileymama
    Options
    Used to be a coach too....but wasn't "sucessful" bc I didn't fill my FB newsfeed with everything Beachbody, or push Shakeology.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Amazing grass tasted terrible to me. I do enjoy shakeology.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I use the free version, i love their programs and do most of them, i track my workouts on the calender, and like the articles. If you don't get sucked in.

It is a good tool if you use their workout programs.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    They're like the salespeople you try to avoid from stalking you in various retail outlets. >___>;

Love the workouts, though. I'm doing TurboFire right now! I never tried Shakeology, so I can't say much on that.

I just use the programs, eat, & log here on MFP. I don't even use their website.
  • rileymama
    Options
    Coaches only get commisions if you buy something (workouts, Shakeology) through them..thus the huge push :)
  • Tash128
    Tash128 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this has been asked already (which it probably has), but has anyone heard of, or a part of, Team Beach Body? A friend of mine is a coach on it and invited me to the site. It seems a bit overwhelming and even though it's a free site to join, there is a membership component.

Looks like it supports a ton of different fitness programs including the infamous Shakeology.

Is it a bunch of crap? What does it offer that I can't do here?

The coaching aspect of it is a bit suspect,however there products are really good. They have so many different workout dvds. It's great if you can't go to the gym or don't have a lot of time. Shakeology is awesome!!! pricy, but if you can afford it well worth it.
    I'm on day 15 of the power90 dvds I really like it! Once I'm down my 90 days I'm thinking of getting another dvd set.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use the free version, i love their programs and do most of them, i track my workouts on the calender, and like the articles. If you don't get sucked in.

It is a good tool if you use their workout programs.

Same here. I have a coach but never "pushes" anything. His group on FB has been a life saver for me. I have "met" so many people that I consider them friends even though we have never met. A group of them are actually getting together to do Tough Mudder together. It just depends on who you find that is willing to help you. Have I bought programs through him? Yes. Did he push them? No. I bought them based on other peoples testimonies. I've been with the group for about 2 years now.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a bootcamp and that what i was answering this ad for

Are you tired of trying things to lose weight and they don't work?

Are you serious about losing your weight and looking your best this summer?

I'm forming a 30 day fitness challenge group to help you shed the pounds the healthy way! My clients have had great success with our program… if you want get rid of the weight for good and would like to be considered to be a participant in my next fitness challenge Contact me today and I'll give you all the details!!

This is the last email from this coach what a waist of my time. i'm mad as hell er ad was on a local web sit

Awsome Mike… I know of the PERFECT program for you! :) It's called P90X. You probably already heard of it. It's a phenomenal program and a lot of my clients are getting amazing results with it. Most of my challengers get the challenge pack. which comes with everything you need to get started. The cost is only $205 and it comes with the home fitness DVD program, a meal plan, a meal replacement shake + a spot in my private accountability and support group on Facebook. -- the great thing is the fitness program is YOURS and you can do it again and again, as many times as you want!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I agree its a load of crap. I enjoy some of the workouts they push on you on the beach body site, but the "coaches" are BS. They don't know anymore about weight loss than any of us. They get paid when they sell beachbody products, which most you can buy cheaper on ebay
    or amazon.
    I got sucked into a coach once who did everything in her power to sell me products, finally I asked her about her weight loss journey and she admitted that she was just starting and didn't really know where to start. That right there turned me off, and now when I get approached by a "beach body coach" I turn the other way. Just because I enjoy doing Turbo Jam or Charlene Extreme does not mean I need one of BB's coaches!!
  • MommaDalton
    Options
    in my opinion, the beach body products are overpriced. i have a slim in 6 dvd thats great!!! but i paid a lot for it. i ordered shakeology too, which was terrible. my coach is very sweet and has an extremely helpful and motivational facebook page.

i would just do some research on different methods of weight loss and find whats best for you without having to pay the big bucks :D
  • rileymama
    Options
    The programs are great! I loved P90X, and turbofire...It is true, there are coaches who know what they are talking about and can help, and there are coaches who are in it just to make money by selling BB DVDs and Shakeology....or to get a discount on their own Shakeology (though the 25% discount brings your Shakeology down to 90 a month, but theres 15 in coach fees monthly). You have to find the right coach. Most of the sucessful ones are the pushy ones ...thats why they have been sucessful. I got out of it bc I felt that the coaches above me were phony and while they actually looked good and used the products (some "coaches" are just good sellers and haven't even done a BB program or ever tried Shakeology) they were not interested in me just in what i could do for them.....
  • Mandykat760
    Mandykat760 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a Beach Body coach. I joined the coaching part for the discounts. I can honestly say my "coach" really did help me. She got me motivated and held me accountable. I also put on 90 day challenges for my family and friends. I find motivating other people holds me accountable. If I make $ doing it great if not oh well. I love the Shakeology and p90x. I would recommend both of them weather I was making money or not. So many people are looking for help. beachbody found a way of making $ off of it.
  • christopherbilbrey2
    Options
    Hey I am a beach body Coach and love what I do No I am not a fitness expert and yes I will be the first to admit there are bad apples out there in the coaching world of beach body who only want to make money. But Coaching is not and should never be about selling products its about offering support to people to help them making lasting changes in there life. Beach body is about creating a community of people looking to end the trend as they say of obesity one person at a time. And I feel it is interesting that people feel there programs are over priced. most of there basic programs start at just over $100 for a 60 to 90 day program that provides a daily beak down of what you should be doing. if you compare that to the cost of the average gym membership it doesn't compare. $20 a month for the use of the gym no real support unless you want to pay on the low end another 100 for 3 to 4 training sessions for personal training which the gyms are always pushing on you. Everyone will have there own oppions on beach body and that's there right but the company is a great company who is trying to help make our world healthier and doing so by offering incentives to help motivate people to stay with it.