Anyone trying Isagenix?

Options
Hi fellow MFP'ers. I'm starting Isagenix tomorrow. Any advice or others doing it? I'd love to compare notes. Even if you're not doing it, I'd love to be a support system for you and for some support for me. I have gained and lost about a zillion pounds and I'm tired of this silly cycle.

Replies

• mindiek2
    Options
    Hi Carol,

I also started a new 30 days of Isagenix yesterday. I have done the 30 day cleanse back in the summer and was successful in losing 20lbs.
    Good luck and keep me posted on your progress!
  • avdnyc
    avdnyc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting a 30 day program today, and I am entering the isabody challenge. GOOD LUCK! please reach out to me for any reason!
  • kristin2572
    kristin2572 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did the Isagenix 9 day program, it was far easier than I expected but the key, in my mind, was that I kept the timing of each drink, snack and meal absolutely on schedule. The second day, I stretched things out a bit longer than I should have and it really did a number on my sugar and my overall happiness hehe. I lost 8 or 9lbs and 16" overall so it was really worth sticking to. Good luck, you can rock it!
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the 30 day program to get my new year a kick start :) Feel free to add me!
  • Iwant2b140
    Iwant2b140 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have started the 30 day system today. Feel free to add me as well. Would love to work through it with support. :)
  • rcaton3
    rcaton3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Giving isagenix a chance. I bought the thirty day stuff a while ago started it, then sabatoged myself. Today is my first day with a much better mind set, will power and strong desire to succeed. I have a friend who has lost fifty pds on isagenix, so the fact that i know this person helped me make the jump seriously this time! Good luck to you.
  • mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting my 30 day challenge ordered through my trainer. I think I'll receive it next week some time. Would love to meet others who are also doing it right now. :-) Feel free to add me. I still have a few days to go before I can get started though.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I started taking it again full time on Jan 2. I had taken it before but then I got pregnant, so I was only doing a shake a day for the nutrients. I had my daughter in November... so now I am taking shakes/bars/soups. No cleanses for me right now since I am breastfeeding. I am somewhat cheating though since I have to add more calories due to the breastfeeding, but all the extra vitamins are wonderful for me and my daughter.
  • imahuthnow
    imahuthnow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm excited. I'm ordering it today so will hopefully start it next week. I too could use some support, feel free to add me. I'm looking forward to the positive energy boost. I'm also in a group here for 20lbs by St. Patty's day so we'll see!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've done this challenge twice. The 2nd time I was a dough-head and had a lack of nutrition!

The first time I did it, I lost 11lbs and looked disgusting :P I went down to about 128lbs... so gross.

It was REALLY hard for me the first 3 days getting use to not eating in the mornings, then after I stopped, I had to slowly start to introduce real food in the mornings because I have a very sensitive stomach. I did shakes for almost 6 months after I stopped the cleanse.

I didn't workout while doing them because I lacked the energy (or so I thought!) at the time. Either way, I really liked the shakes, but the system is damn expensive! Is it still about $400???
  • MontanaDiva
    MontanaDiva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, Hello, were you ladies on the IsaBody Challenge call last night? I am Rebecca from Montana. Would love to have a buddy, or maybe we can start a group, together.. I am using IsaLeanPro, for the extra whey protein, and I hear it helps stubborn weight loss.

Lets rock our bodies at Celebration in Vegas..
  • MontanaDiva
    MontanaDiva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @ footiechick82 - Sorry for your experience, you must not have had a cleanse coach helping you, as that would have made all the difference, and they would NOT have allowed what happened to you to happen.

The shakes are a full meal supplement, and have the appropriate level of minerals and vitamins needed to keep your body healthy. Also you do not mention what you were eating for your meal during the day. Healthy eating choices for your Lunch or Dinner are key to success.

Isagenix now has scientific studies in Peer Reviewed journals showing it is not only safe but it is nutrious with only the most healthiest ingredients. These are in PEER reviewed journals of Nutrition..so not many supplement companies can say that.

That said..The introductory pacs can range from $175 to $1,000 depending on if you start with a 9 day or a Business Building pack. The prices have not changed very much in a few years. You have to ask yourself. What are you spending NOW on food, as you are replacing 2 meals a day, during your weight loss journey, and in maintenance, you only do one shake a day.

The other thing you must ask yourself is what is your health worth? Being obese, or eating GMO food that offers scores of allergies and the depletion of our soil mean that you are not getting adequate nutrients, unless you are either growing your own food or spending money at a high quality Good Food Store on organic vegetables. So you either pay for proper nutrition NOW or you will pay for your medical care later.

I know that just about ALL of my friends over 60 are spending HUNDREDS of Dollars a month on pills for their diabetes, hypertension and heart disease issues. So I would rather spend my money on healthy eating and NOT on doctors or pills. My partner Todd, got a congratulatory letter from his doctor because at 61, he had lost 60 pounds, and his Blood Panel and other health indicators were so good, the Doctor said, it was so rare that she saw such a healthy person at his age..and I can say, that it was all from doing Isagenix and becoming conscious about what we eat.

I hope some of this helps you and others that are considering what to eat. Eating is the ONE thing you have total control over, so even if you are not doing Isagenix, I hope you are choosing to spend the money on high quality Organic non-GMO foods and tested nutritional supplements.
  • lynnenormandeau
    lynnenormandeau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my first 9-day cleanse tomorrow. I've followed it to the letter, and have lost 7 pounds so far so I'm very happy with my results. I've received the "Race to Maintenance" system that I'll be starting after tomorrow as I have another 25 pounds or so to lose. Anybody with experience on the Race to Maintenance? It calls for a shake in the morning, healthy lunch, healthy dinner, and late evening shake. Those are the shake days. The cleanse days are the same as on the 9-day cleanse. The rotation is 5-2-5-2-5-2-7-2. I'll see how it goes, and if I find my weight loss stalling because of the extra meal, I might modify it back to the regular 30-day cleanse program.
    Am happy to share experiences with everybody, and feel free to add me to your network.
  • babiilocks
    babiilocks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I starting isagenix tomorrow anyone want to connect? I am looking for a support system!

• kimsmith56716
    Options
    Hey, I think this is an old thread but what the hay :) I started my 30 day in October and just got my 2nd 30 day (because I have lots to loose) and I love it!!!! I have energy like I've never had in my life. I like to use the hungry girl website and book in combination with this site. So far I have lost 23# and 30.5" It's awesome because it has all my nutrition. My problem was this....I am self employed and work pretty much by myself during the day. If I forgot to pack a lunch (which I was good at) I would swing through my fav mexican fast food in the morning and get a breakfast burrito with a Dr. Pepper (because they didn't have Diet DP so I had no other choice, right?) then I would be busy all day and not eat because A: I didn't have anything or B: I didn't have time. I am a brick and mortar business so I couldn't leave. Then 4:30/5:00 would roll around and before I'd get my kids from daycare I would go to my other fav fast food joint because I was famished and order my wrap (healthish) and fries and they had diet DP (thank goodness - insert humor here) inhale that before I got my kids (have to get rid of the evidence) and then get home to cook supper for my family (party of 5 sometimes 6 - we have a college student) I would eat while I was cooking because that doesn't count :wink: and then sit down and eat a helping or two with the family. Go to bed because I was exhausted and then wake up and do 'er again. So that was my cycle, ever once in a while I would try something, I could last a week at most and then I would slide back into my habits! Isagenix has meet all my needs and then some, it's a mindless cure to my problem, I feel full and satisfied AND I am able to go to the gym everyday. That is a big deal for me because I am use to just driving by :blush: Here is what's funny/sad for me that even though I am happier/healthier/more energized than I have ever been if I hadn't lost weight/inches I probably would have quit. I am not to the place where I can say with uncertainty that I will have isagenix in my life forever I can definitely say we are off to a very good start and even though I am happily married, isagenix and I make a great couple. I'm excited for you and would love to hear your story!!! We can chat more about cleansing when you get there! It's my new addiction!!! Kim.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    ezgifwhasave.gif
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    OP is long gone.
  • kimsmith56716
    Options
    babiilocks wrote: »
    Hey there. I starting isagenix tomorrow anyone want to connect? I am looking for a support system!

I sent you a private message, probably the best route :neutral_face: